Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have an experience with the old late 70's Peavey Artist 1x15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an experience with the old late 70's Peavey Artist 1x15?

I found one locally that a guy wants me to take. 4x6L6 with a solid state front end, hybrid sort of thing.

Worth my effort to spend some time fixing it or should I walk or run away? Harmony Central reviews were pretty good.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
    I found one locally that a guy wants me to take. 4x6L6 with a solid state front end, hybrid sort of thing.
    Worth my effort to spend some time fixing it or should I walk or run away? Harmony Central reviews were pretty good. Thanks.
    They are very loud and clean, but reliablle If you use pedals for your main distortion and are playing arenas it should be fine. If you get it for nothing you could always rebuild it for 2X6L6s and a tube front end. They seem to sell on eBay for a reasonalbe price.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
      They are very loud and clean, but reliablle If you use pedals for your main distortion and are playing arenas it should be fine. If you get it for nothing you could always rebuild it for 2X6L6s and a tube front end. They seem to sell on eBay for a reasonalbe price.
      It's pretty clean besides a bit of rust on the straps and input jacks. Still has the original 15" black widow speaker and what appears to be the original power tubes (Sylvania 6L6's). Let's see what kind of trouble I can get in with this one.

Comment

Should be pretty cool. Built MUCH better than any current production amp. Was likely intended for steel guitar as it would essentially be a hybrid Vibrosonic Reverb.

Comment

Working...
        X