xr-400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xr-400

OK -so I am a little new to setting up a sound system so please bear with me.

In my community center we have a Kustom PA VI mixer - older than dirt. The monitor out no longer works. It does have a line out that I think does work.

The community center also has a Peavey XR-400 that I believe is fully functional. Can I output from the line out of the Kustom into the Peavey so that I can use the monitor out portion of the Peavey? If so, to which connection do I hook up to on the Peavey.

Thanks in advance.

Guess I came to the wrong board. I thought it was an easy question!

Comment

Maybe you think that everybody lives sitting in front of the computer, 24/7 , waiting for technical questions to come up.
      I guess most or all have some real work to do or even have a life.
      That said, your question is not quite clear.
      Short answer: yes, you can run that line out into the XR400.
      Doubts that still remain:
      What do you want to do/get/achieve?
      What is your sound problem?
      Thanks.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Geez, it is Friday night, have some patience.

So if I understand you, you want to use the PV XR400 only as an amplifier for your monitor speakers, right? The line out on the Kustom works.

If that is the case, you have several options.

Connect the speakers to the back of the XR400.
        Run a cord from the Kustom line out to:

1. the GRAPHIC IN jack. That would use the Peavey power amp and graphic EQ. The graphic EQ controls would be the only ones that do anything, and you would control monitor volume from the Kustom.

***OR***

2. A cord from the Kustom Line Out to the AUX IN jack on the Peavey. That would still include the graphic EQ, but would also allow the Peavey MAster Volume control to function.

***OR***

3. A cord from the Kustom Line Out to one of the input channel HI-Z INPUT jacks on the XR400. Now you are running through the whole Peavey amp so you get not only the graphic, and master volume control functions, but also the tone controls of the input channel. If you wanted, you coulod even include a little reverb on the monitor mix from there.

Consider that your momitor speakers are aiming back at your microphones and are for that reason more likely to cause fedback problems. So having tone controls and the graphic would make it easier to tune them in to prevent feedback. And that would allow you to concentrate the Kustom completely on the main house speakers.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Geez, it is Friday night, have some patience.

So if I understand you, you want to use the PV XR400 only as an amplifier for your monitor speakers, right? The line out on the Kustom works.

If that is the case, you have several options.

Connect the speakers to the back of the XR400.
          Run a cord from the Kustom line out to:

1. the GRAPHIC IN jack. That would use the Peavey power amp and graphic EQ. The graphic EQ controls would be the only ones that do anything, and you would control monitor volume from the Kustom.

***OR***

2. A cord from the Kustom Line Out to the AUX IN jack on the Peavey. That would still include the graphic EQ, but would also allow the Peavey MAster Volume control to function.

***OR***

3. A cord from the Kustom Line Out to one of the input channel HI-Z INPUT jacks on the XR400. Now you are running through the whole Peavey amp so you get not only the graphic, and master volume control functions, but also the tone controls of the input channel. If you wanted, you coulod even include a little reverb on the monitor mix from there.

Consider that your momitor speakers are aiming back at your microphones and are for that reason more likely to cause fedback problems. So having tone controls and the graphic would make it easier to tune them in to prevent feedback. And that would allow you to concentrate the Kustom completely on the main house speakers.
          Thanks Enzo.

Comment

Working...
          X