free cd and band t to anybody who can help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free cd and band t to anybody who can help

I have a blue voodoo 60 and a 120. I run my guitar into my pedal tuner, than a weeping demon, than
    i split the signal with a pitch shifter that runs into a delay on one output, to the 60 watt voodoo, than the dry channel goes to the 120 voodoo.
    both heads have an eq pedal through the fx loops. Is this the right approach to have an extremely crunchy metal sound or is there another way to make it meaner with the equipment I have? my drummer is amazed at how good it sounds, but I still need a bit more zing to it if you know what i mean. anybody who helps me gets a free tshirt and a cd lol.

Well, I don't want a T- shirt or a CD... given the idea I give you is even useful but with this kind of stuff it helps a little if you divide off the bass from the mids and the highs and theres something called a paralooper, the original japanese design, which is close to what you may have a use for.

What you wanna do is split your signal through a high pass in parallel with a low pass and have them each on their own outs with an isolating transformer on each, to properly un-ground loop your amps, so you can have clean and fat bass for one amp, and mids and highs on the other distorted to the max.

Whether you can buy something like this is another matter but it'd be easy enough to make by the right person.

Comment

I thought about your low and high splitting and worked with what I had, so i just run low octave through my weeping demon on low pass to a bass stack, the 120 blasts the low to mids, and the 60 blasts the highs and mids.
      i have to get 3 mor eq pedals and i think it will be it its max capacity, without replacing parts on the heads of course.
      Can I just use one of those gray 2 prong ground lift things on all but one of the amps to remove the ground loop?

Comment

so you're sayin' you need more zazz?

I'm a little confused what the issue is...did one amp not have enough crunch on its own?

You say you have EQ pedals in the loops- they may not be able to handle amp level signals very well without distorting. It might make sense to try a rack-mount EQ with a little more headroom.

jamie

Comment

is that why my amp is more fuzz than crunch?

Comment

My opinion is the BV has way too much gain to sound mean and aggressive. There's a point where this all gets counter-intuitive. We go to a show or hear an album and it melts your brain and you try to get that effect so you pour on the BrootalZ Brand Gain Sauce and now you've got mush with fur on it.

Here's where some of my opinion comes from, my favorite customers - see the back line amps here, I serviced them. YouTube - Morbid Angel - Maze Of Torment LIVE At Wacken

They're using the clean channel on those Marshalls. Yeah, there's pedals, nothing super high gain like a commercial "metal" pedal though. You could turn some knobs and do a blues show with this stuff.

I'd try your rig with guitar into one preamp, then take the FX loop out of that amp to the delay/pitch shifter back to the FX returns on each amp. Use the 60 watt for the delay / shifted sound. Put the EQ and wah pedals in front between guitar and first amp. Can't guarantee anything without trying the rig myself, but that'd be where I started with it. And my shirts are XL .
            My rants, products, services and incoherent babblings on my blog.

Comment

how should i hook it up?

are you saying I should run the delay/shifter pedal through the 60w fx loop, and run the dry out on the shifter to the return on the 120? im a bit confused by how you want me to go about it. maybe if you draw a diagram of your idea? btw our shirts are currently being redone because our band chanhged its name lol. dont fret, They will be cool.

Comment

Use whichever amp input you prefer, go guitar, tuner, wah, EQ and then into whichever amp you like. Take the effect send from that head to the shifter take the dry out from the shifter to the FX return on the big amp and the wet out to the FX return on the smaller amp. Balance them to taste with the master volumes.

Which basically sounds like what you said, but with more words and hopefully more clear. I don't know exactly what you're using for pitch shift and delay, so I'm just being a little generic there. The idea is to put the delay and shift after the preamp does all the overdrive and gain. This is going to be a much tighter sound.

Comment

Ok, thanks that makes sense. I never knew you could run signal strictly through the fx loop.
                  also, do i put a grey ground lift thing on one of the heads to eliminate ground loop? or do i have to buy one of those 60 dollar ones?

Comment

Plug everything into the same power strip and if it isn't a problem it isn't a problem. Mostly it isn't.

Comment

ok, cool, I already have it all on one strip. unfortunately the transformer in the 120 just went out so its in the shop, temporarily using a kustom dfx100 into the crate cab. ill need the eq pedal in fx loop to change the tone of the 120 wont I? the eq on the kustom doesnt do anything when I plug it in that way. i dnt really have money to get a rackmount yet, i just have an eq700 i got for 20 bucks.

Comment

I personally put a Behringer Ultragain (for studio mics) In my effects loop...But the cool part is it's a TWO CHANNEL so I run one INTO (left into right) the next one and then OUT...This really warms up my sound , and best of all it gives me EXACT SWEEPABLE EQ thats pretty noiseless ...I use the Left side to HEAT UP my Bottom, then out the back comes back into the Right side and that one I EQ my highs...I get a good bit of extra BITE...but not enough to cause ANY NOISE issues as I run a CRAPLOAD OF SUSTAIN...All tube Triple Rectifier B-52 AT100...it smokes the full Marshall Stack my Ryth guitarist uses in Richness and Bottom end by a mile...but its a great contrast for our band...

Comment

i just got a brand new boss me70 for 20 bucks so i think i just solved be beef issue. im the only guitar player in our band so it helped me out alot.

Comment

Working...
                          X