5E1/5F1 Death Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5E1/5F1 Death Cap

What happens if I just leave out the death cap, rather than replacing it with the standard 18/3 power cord setup?

Why would you want to do that? Just install a grounded pwr cable....
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

It's a hypothetical. I realize it's way easier to just install 3 wire, but am curious as to what it would actually do to the circuit.

seeing as to how you replied to my other thread... I got the chassis all put together and had to go to work, meanwhile at work, I realized I had left out that cap. Would that cause my problems?

Comment

The chassis would not be gnd referenced. The output will be noisy and you run a big risk of getting blasted from the floating chassis when you touch something at proper gnd while touching any metal part on the gtr/amp.

Comment

Cool, thanks. So dangerous and humming, but not causing massive oscilations that sound like a moog set to sawtooth?

Comment

ANything's possible...'specially with a build. Gator clip a wire to the chassis and hook that to a known earth gnd. Issue solved?

Comment

well, I'm actually not at home right now unfortunately, but I appreciate the help. I'll try to do some debugging soon and update this thread.

Comment

Working...
              X