Behringer Ultrabass BX4500H wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer Ultrabass BX4500H wanted

Looking for schem for the above. anyone help?

Can't provide a schematic, but what are you fixing? In my experience, you either have a blown output in the powr amp or a bad op amp in the preamp. Close? Usually can find a bad op amp by going down the row and reading for DC voltage at each output pin.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have the front end schematics for that. but forget which power amp module is in that. I probably have that too.

Zc

Comment

The P3000. Also used in the BX4210 and the BX3000. It has three 5200s and three 1943s as outputs.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Zc anything would be a bonus! its the one Enzo said with the six output trannies.
          Thank you

Comment

Dang that's one i don't have! Sorry, But i will hunt for it. if i find it i will let you know.

Comment

Did anyone ever find a schematic for this series of amps. Need schemes for BX3000 if any one can help
              I am a very humble person. I am far better than I think I am

Comment

BX4500 pre, BX1200, BX1800, Ep2500 amp
                the amp may be close to what you have.
                i hope the files help someone
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mozwell. Thanks for the response. Unfortuneately, none of the schemes are close to what I have. Guess I shall just have to bin the amp and buy an Ashdown

Comment

Dont give up yet. Even without the schematic many amps have been fixed with help from the very kind people who inhabit this forum.

Step 1. Check all output transistors & their ballast resistors for shorts.
                    Step 2. Measure power supplies, are they all ok, this includes the power supplies to the op amps.
                    Step 3. Is there DC on the speaker output ? Do not connect a speaker for any testing yet
                    Step 4. Plug a patch lead into the send & return jacks, does this help
                    Step 5. Plug a patch lead into peeamp out / power amp in (if these are on the amp), does this help
                    Step 6. Are you getting signal out of the preamp ? Hint, as Enzo said above, check the output pins of each op amp, are any sitting close to the supply rails or are thay all close to 0V

read post #2 again. and before we go into anything else, what is the actual problem with the amp ?
                    do you get no sound, or a very distorted sound, has it been over heated, or had drinks spilt through it ?

Comment

I'm with Mozwell; don't give up. This is a very simple power amp and it can be fixed without the schematic (in most cases). What is actually the problem?

Mark

Comment

If you give us specific complaints or problems, we can probably give specific advice.

I have the schematic to look at, I am just forbidden to post it. I can answer questions about it and discuss it though.

Comment

The the speaker output goes hard over to one rail. The problem seems to be there seems to be no centre tap to the high power winding on the transformer, so cannot figure out how the voltage rails are maintained equally about 0v

Comment

What are the voltage rails?
                            By any chance, are the transistor collectors or emitters grounded?
                            Does the big filter capacitors centerpoint go tho the speakers *hot* jack terminal?
                            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Hi JM.
                              As you rightly comment, the transistor collectors got to 0v (wherever that is) and the centrepoint of the main caps go to the speaker 'hot' terminal.
                              All the main transistors check out ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X