Mesa Boogie DC-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie DC-3

I have a LV power supply problem with this amp which is preventing the transistor stages in the EQ from working.
    The PCB looks the same as a Rocket 44 but the LV PS circuit layout bears no resemblance to the DC-3 schem I have, or a Rocket 44 schem.

I have to repeatedly dismantle the amp to lift the PCB and then reassemble to test.

This amp has two 15v zeners in the PS.
    The DC-3 schem I have shows a different set up with one 12v zener.

A PCB layout would be very welcome as would a schematic which actually matches the amp.
    The CB is labelled: 1993 Mesa DC 23C.

The amp design then is 17 years old. Try contacting Mesa directly, tell them which one you have and ask for it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Here!
      Attached Files

Comment

Check this one out - it's for the DC-2 but has a dual-zener low-voltage supply so might do as a guide. This schematic lists the zeners as 12V, but the voltage points infer they are actually 15V.

http://www.schematicheaven.com/boogi...aliber_dc2.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Black View Post
          Check this one out - it's for the DC-2 but has a dual-zener low-voltage supply so might do as a guide. This schematic lists the zeners as 12V, but the voltage points infer they are actually 15V.

http://www.schematicheaven.com/boogi...aliber_dc2.pdf
          Yeeha! that's the one, matches the amp's wiring.
          Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ne0 View Post
            Here!
            Thanks for that, but that's one I already have and circuit is different.

Grab the Schem Mark Black has posted it matches this DC-3.

Cheers.

Comment

Try the studio caliber dc-2 here
              Free Mesa Boogie Diagrams, Schematics, Service Manuals :: Schematics Unlimited

Comment

Working...
              X