anyone build one of these...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone build one of these...

along with bruce's mission amps, allen amps are the ones I believe are the best out there... these two kit/amps makers have amazing products, would love to hear more about your building experience with allen, since I've already read a lot from bruce's happy customers...

I have not built one of David Allen's amps, but I have bought parts and trannies from him. He is awesome. I can't say anything but good.

His Brown Sugar amp really looks appealing to me.

Comment

Dave is a first class guy to deal with and builds great Blackface flavored amps,his kits are great. I have dealt with Dave countless times and you can't go wrong with him.
      Mike

Comment

Over the last few years, I've only seen good things about Allen kits. I source my own parts, but I"ll be getting an Allen transformer for my next build.

Comment

Dave's a Class Act

I've sourced many parts from Dave over the last 5 or so years and even built a couple of his kits before that. (Old Flame & Class Act I) He's a fine person and sells quality products. I'd highly recomend him and his products.
          Philip Morrison

Comment

Hello, This is my first time here. I have recently got interested in building guitar amps. I decided to go with an Allen kit. I can say that all the reviews I read about him are correct. He is a nice guy. I purchased the 5F2Class Act kit. It took about 25 hours to build. I can say that I finally got it to sound the way I want with the paticular style of music I like. Before I changed anything in the amp it sounded great at low volumes, full tone, but turn it up and just didn't sound the way I wanted it too . I chaned the cathode bypass capacitor to a lower value. I also changed 2 of the power supply filters to Sprague atom and put Sozo capacitors throughout the circuit. Purchased a set of NOS Siemans EL34 tubes. The amp now sound totally awesome . I am looking forward to starting another project soon. It was a great learning experience. John

Comment

Working...
            X