Ampeg V2 faceplate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg V2 faceplate.

I just spent about 4 hours on photoshop recreating the print for my v2 faceplate from what was left of it, and a photo I found. I have it just about perfect. Now I need to find some way to apply it. I'm using the back of the original faceplate, because it is symmetrical. I am guessing that the original is silk screened, which I have access to, but it is kind of a long process for a one off print. I am going to try to do a toner transfer, like what you would do to etch a circuit board. I have never tried this before, so does anyone have any suggestions?

I attached the document if anyone is interested.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by antieatingactivist View Post
    I just spent about 4 hours on photoshop recreating the print for my v2 faceplate from what was left of it, and a photo I found. I have it just about perfect. Now I need to find some way to apply it. I'm using the back of the original faceplate, because it is symmetrical. I am guessing that the original is silk screened, which I have access to, but it is kind of a long process for a one off print. I am going to try to do a toner transfer, like what you would do to etch a circuit board. I have never tried this before, so does anyone have any suggestions?

I attached the document if anyone is interested.
    I'd LOVE to get ahold of that PDF, link isn't working. I sent a PM as well.

Anyway, I just purchased a V2 and the faceplate is practically bare. Plan to have it re-screened or etched but I need the image to get the wheels rolling...

Comment

Bump for that PDF...

Comment

FWIW I have often made a silkscreen for "just one" front panel.
        2 hours from start to finish, including engraving the screen , so maybe not *commercially* a good business but definitely so for a lazy Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
        Surely beats watching old Seinfeld reruns on TV.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
        X