Fisher 400 amp V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisher 400 amp V2

I just got given one of these tonight and am in the process of figuring out what to do with it. I don't really listen to music so much anymore, and if I did I've got a lovly old phillips SE stereo amp with EL95's so I don't really need a tube amp for stereo listening. I could pull it to peices and build two amps for guitar using the two P/P 7868 pairs and the 9 ol' 12AX7's but maybe this is an amp revered by collectors and I could just sell it on and use the cash to buy parts.

I'm not out to profit from this and I'm not really into the whole collectible thing but if these things are good then I'd rather it went to a good home than me hacking it up just for a couple guitar amps... but it sounds like the 7868 was a great tube and with these P/P OT's I've possibly got some choice Iron to play with.

First off I'll set up some speakers tomorrow and bring it up on the variac... supposedly it works. One output tube has been replaced. Three are the original 7868's with fisher markings and the dimple on the top and the "new"one has the dimple below.
Working...
X