changing dry/wet level pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing dry/wet level pot

Is it possible to change the range of the dry/wet pot on a pedal just by changing it with one of a different resistor value?
    I have a mxr carbon copy analog delay and the only thing that bothers me about it is that i can't go all the way to wet and hear only the delay repeats. is there a simple way to accomplish this?

alright, so after some experimenting i found out that the original signal doesn't fade down as i increase the effect mix level. so i guess changing the pot won't give me the 100% wet signal that i am looking for.
    Now i am thinking of adding a switch that cuts off the original signal from the output signal but still allows it to feed into the delay line. i don't have a schematic of the carbon copy so it'll be hard to find the right place to put such a switch. also, the parts on the pcb are almost all smds and are really tightly squeezed. I doubt that there's a way to accomplish such a mod, but if anyone has any advice i'd be very thankful.

Comment

Make a probe for your soundcard. Make a probe like a short a voltmeter probe and wire a .1uF cap in series with a 1 Meg ohm resistor to ground. Use a shielded cord and connect to the input of an amp. That way you can probe for the signal you want. Make sure you wire the cap in series so you don't short out any power supplies.

Comment

Working...
      X