No announcement yet.

I need help ... SCHEMATIC... Garnet amp Model 5P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks. i guess i should have read on in the thread. sorry. if its the same as that, looks like i'll pass unless the guys drops the price a lot. i'm not paying $100 for something i'll have to put that much investment into to make it safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Joust View Post
      I found one of these amps locally and would like this schematic. however the PDF above shows only clear.gif. how do i access it?
      Attached is a copy of the Garnet Model 5P schematic.
      Tom
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Garnet Model 5P Schematic-TJP2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	841827

Comment

Originally posted by Joust View Post
        thanks. i guess i should have read on in the thread. sorry. if its the same as that, looks like i'll pass unless the guys drops the price a lot. i'm not paying $100 for something i'll have to put that much investment into to make it safe.
        well a pleasant surprise. I just picked up the amp and it turned out to be a E15TR in ok shape. seems to work 100% has a 6L6 output tube. It likely had a 50L6 originally since there seems to be no power transformer.. do you have the schematic for this??
        I grabbed it mainly because it has a working Tremolo and Reverb and a decent looking 12" speaker.
        I have not opened it yet. i just pulled the output tube to check it and it was indeed a 6L6.

Comment

I have a hard copy schematic for a Model "15TR Reverb Mate" It uses a single 6V6GT power amp stage and it DOES have a power transformer.
          No "E15TR" without a PT, as you describe, found.
          Last edited by Tom Phillips; 04-30-2016, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
            I have a hard copy schematic for a Model "15TR Reverb Mate" It uses a single 6V6GT power amp stage and it DOES have a power transformer.
            No "E15TR" without a PT, as you describe, found.
            I'll have to open her up and see whats what inside then....i'm intrigued now
            this is the exciting part

Comment

I have never seen a series line voltage filament amp with reverb and tremolo?

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
                I have never seen a series line voltage filament amp with reverb and tremolo?
                Well it must have a transformer but from a peek in the back of the cabinet i only saw one transformer. Lets assume there are actually two. Ill yank the chassis to ight and take some pictures

Comment

I have seen OTs hidden inside a chassis before...

Justin
                  "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                  "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                  "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Such a wee OT could also be mounted on the speaker.
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                    X