What circuit is my Twin Reverb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What circuit is my Twin Reverb?

I am unmodding and restoring a Fender Twin Reverb Silverface. The amp has a master volume but does not have the pull boost feature. Inside chassis there is the printed date of 1972. The amp uses a 2 prong plug. The chassis is stamped A41164.

What circuit is this amp?

Thanks!

It looks like it is an early version of this one that still uses a two prong plug.

The earlier schematic from 5/68 does not have a master volume.

Is anything stamped on the tube chart?

RWood

Comment

Just curious; what sort of mods have been done to it?
      -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

The two pronged plug seems a bit strange to me. I have a 1972 Super Reverb (transformer date codes) with the red three-pronged plug and no master volume. Of course I had to change the end out because the previoius owner broke off the ground.

Comment

The amp came with a poorly home made amp cabinet, so there is no tube chart.

As far as mods go. The first channel does not work and there is no tremolo.

I want to bring this thing back to its formerly glory.

Comment

OK.. you want help but are not giving up too much so take a digital picture of the inside of the chassis so we can see what's in it...
            Bruce

Mission Amps
            Denver, CO. 80022
            www.missionamps.com
            303-955-2412

Comment

that chassis looks like its lived a hard life.
              "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

It seems to have a master volume knob. Does it have a push/pull function?

(If I remember correctly: master volume 1972, master volume with push/pull 1973 and later.)
                In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

As I said in my first post, it has a master volume but no push pull boost.

Comment

It has a chassis ground (green wire), so that two pin plug can go. And is probably not standard.

Comment

It looks like it at least has had the PI resistor values blackfaced.

I suggest you leave that alone, if it has been done. The blackface resistor values from the PI downstream really make a Twin sound great.

If I were working on this amp, I'd just refer to the AB763 schematic.
                      -Erik
                      Euthymia Electronics
                      Alameda, CA USA
                      Sanborn Farallon Amplifier

Comment

I installed a new 3 prong plug because the old cord was in frayed. I accidentally broke the fuse holder and bought a new one today. The "cockroach" optical resistor is missing so it does not have vibrato.

Comment

Working...
                        X