Fender bassman 10 - model number help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender bassman 10 - model number help

Cn anyone help in identifying an old Fender amp.

It is an older '60s Fender bassman 10 combo amp. 4x10" speakers. The OT is shorted & I am having trouble determining which model this amp is.

It has the standard 2x6L6's & the original tube complement sheet is still in it, but has no model identification.

The numbers on the power & OT don't seem to reveal much. I have a doc that cross references the models to the PT & OT & Chokes, but doesn't help me as I can't identify this model.

The OT is not the silver type that sit on their side, nor the lower power ones that mount with 2 screws. It is a smaller looking version of the Black vertically mounted 4 bolt power transformers.

Any ideas...Anyone know of a chart that has the numbers that were originally on the xformers to cross to fender numbers? I could probably fit it with a generic one, but would like to keep it's integrity as much as possible.

I'm not near it now, but believe it had 4 & 8 ohm taps.

Thanx, g

The Bassman 10 was made from 1972 thru about 1981.Although it has the Blackface control panel it is not a pre-CBS.I just did some work on one for somebody,and I believe the only model # associated with it is Bassman 10.The Ot on the one I saw had only an 8ohm tap and an Ext spkr jack.The spkrs are 32 ohms each.Looking at schematics doesnt reveal anything since the one I saw that gives the tranny #'s is unreadable.Since the amp is not an older 60's model as you thought I would just get an OT that would match your 6l6's to an 8ohm load.

Comment

Yeah,
      I checked it again & as you suggested, it has just one tap that is 8ohms. I guess that simplifies things...the number on the OT is 021848-606-2-28. I'll just get a generic. thanx, g

Comment

Working...
      X