Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Pro Jr. Transformers

Hey guys,

I am currently gathering up all the needed parts to build a Fender Pro Jr. amp. All I really need as far as the guts are concerned are the output and power transformers (Product ID's #041781 (output) and #041782 (power)). I have found a few sites that either sell used transformers or brand new transformers for insane amts of money. The one thing I haven't been able to find are the specs on these transformers. There is a liquidation outlet here in Dayton that has shelves of transformers and if I only knew the specs I could go there with a multimeter and save me some cash....anyone know the specs on these two transformers or at least where I can find that info? Thanks for your help.
    3:00-4:00 mark of Freewill-RUSH
    Hebrews 11:1
    [B][U]Guitars:[/U][/B] Gibson Les Paul SK Signature, Fender MIM Telecaster.
    [B][U]Amps:[/U][/B] Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Fender Pro Jr. <--Build in Progress :thumbsup:

Originally posted by The Jaywalkers View Post
    Hey guys,

I am currently gathering up all the needed parts to build a Fender Pro Jr. amp. All I really need as far as the guts are concerned are the output and power transformers (Product ID's #041781 (output) and #041782 (power)). I have found a few sites that either sell used transformers or brand new transformers for insane amts of money. The one thing I haven't been able to find are the specs on these transformers. There is a liquidation outlet here in Dayton that has shelves of transformers and if I only knew the specs I could go there with a multimeter and save me some cash....anyone know the specs on these two transformers or at least where I can find that info? Thanks for your help.
    Would that be FAIR Radio?

Comment

Originally posted by Prairie Dawg View Post
      Would that be FAIR Radio?
      Come again? Would what be fair?
      [B][U]Amps:[/U][/B] Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Fender Pro Jr. <--Build in Progress :thumbsup:

Comment

After a quick Google search I realize you are referencing Fair Radio in Lima, OH am I correct? The store I am talking about is called Mendelson's Liquidation Outlet..."The first place to look for every last thing"

Comment

DO you consider the prices at a place like Antique Electronic Supply to be excessive?

Not sure what you will do with the meter. WIll they let you apply 120VAC to the PTs? And load down the secondaries for current checks? And OTs, well ohms tells you nothing, you;d have to apply a signal.

Is mendelsons now or was it in the past MECI?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

SO it is MECI, I haven't been there in years. I didnlt see any transformers on teh web page, other than a nifty 15kV neon sign transformer. I am thinking I have not built a Jacob's Ladder in a long time.

Jacobs_Ladder
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by The Jaywalkers View Post
              Come again? Would what be fair?
              Sorry. It's in Lima.

Fair Radio Sales Company Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                SO it is MECI, I haven't been there in years. I didnlt see any transformers on teh web page, other than a nifty 15kV neon sign transformer. I am thinking I have not built a Jacob's Ladder in a long time.

Jacobs_Ladder
                So the website doesn't list even 1% of whats on the shelves, eh. As far as applying the current...maybe they'd let me. If I tell them I know what I am doing and I need to do it in order to make a purchase than I dont see why not...hell they may even do it for you there. I have enlisted the help of an electrician so he will be able to assist me here so long as I can find out what the Fender transformer's specs are. I also haven't ruled out purchasing the things if I can find them cheap...I am trying to keep the project under $150...$200 at the max, and I am fairly close to acheiving that. Thanks for your help so far, keep 'em comin.

Comment

[QUOTE=Enzo;160823]DO you consider the prices at a place like Antique Electronic Supply to be excessive?
                  QUOTE]

Enzo,

I looked on Antique Electronic Supply. Prices were do able BUT... No Pro Junior transformers. What would I need to do to use a Blues Junior set of transformers in the amp? If they are comprable could I maybe do that?

Comment

The Blues Jr. & Pro Jr. have identical output networks, therefore the O.T.'s are the same model. I would also suspect that the P.T.'s are also identical, seeing as though the Blues Jr. simply has a reverb network, and a Treble/Bass tone stack (as opposed to a one control "Tone" stack), in addition to using a 12" speaker. Those are the only differences of those models.
                    Mac/Amps
                    "preserving the classics"
                    Chicago, Il., USA
                    (773) 283-1217
                    (cell) (847) 772-2979
                    Now back on Chicago's NW side in Jefferson Park!
                    www.mac4amps.com

Comment

And so there be the difference, the Blues Junior has a reverb. SO it has an extra low voltage winding on its powr transformer to make +/-15VDC for the reverb circuits. You could just leave those unused for your Pro Jr. The Blues Junior used a couple different output transformers, neither the same as the Pro Jr, but in each case they serve a pair of EL84 into 8 ohms, just as the Pro Jr, so that shouldn;t matter electrically. The differences could be cosmetic or involve different mounting patterns, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                        And so there be the difference, the Blues Junior has a reverb. SO it has an extra low voltage winding on its powr transformer to make +/-15VDC for the reverb circuits. You could just leave those unused for your Pro Jr. The Blues Junior used a couple different output transformers, neither the same as the Pro Jr, but in each case they serve a pair of EL84 into 8 ohms, just as the Pro Jr, so that shouldn;t matter electrically. The differences could be cosmetic or involve different mounting patterns, who knows?
                        Looks like I ought to just go with Blues Jr. Transformers then if they are easier to find...thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                        X