Hammond M3 organ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond M3 organ

A friend just gave me his Hammond M3 organ. I have not tested it out but assume that it is broken. He is painting and wants to get rid of the clutter. This organ has been sitting around for years unplayed. I am going to test the tubes and recap it. Hopefully the mechanical items just need lubrication. I would hate to have a large piece of firewood.

I am new to organs.....heck I don't even play piano! Where can I learn more about this beast? (Both repair and playing.) Thanks!

google:tonewheel hospital

Comment

Also try The Organ Forum .
      There are some folks over there that really know their organs.

Also- only use Hammond oil to lubricate the tone generator. Other stuff can mess it up.
      Last edited by spsimmons; 05-12-2010, 10:06 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

hammond M3

Check out Captain Foldback's site. Lots and lots of Hammond service info and links there.

Comment

axtman..... gots ta go to the hamtech.org website..... more than you ever wanted to know about hammonds and leslies....like the hammond manual says '...barring and explosion or fire every hammond can be repaired...' the M3 is a beut.... often called the baby b3.....no foldback but great percussion... et al.... probably dont need to recap yet.... check tubes....oil the tone generator with the correct hammond oil.....when ready hold the start switch up for 8 seconds and then flip the run switch....i believe it takes the 26-1 connector box.... a couple leslie switches... a leslie 145 or 147...same amp but 145 is shorter.... and you will be hooked for life.... shouldnt need to put much $$ into the organ because you wont be happy till you get a b3/c3 or a100...lots of parts fit the bigger brothers

good luck.... save that hammond from the dumpster

frank uboat

Comment

Working...
          X