Ground Wire: buss wire vs. copper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Wire: buss wire vs. copper?

What's better? I'd tend to think that for a ground, wire is wire is wire. Seems that the only thing with ground is that you have a solid connection and a larger wire for ground return (14-16 gauge).

For my ground, I usually use buss wire doubled - I spin it on a drill.

Mook

...see R.G.'s posting on this subject (signals above 20Khz in a guitar amp are most likely to be "noise/switching" artifacts anyway, so their attenuation would be a 'good thing'.)

...BOTH = solid wire makes an excellent "anchor-point" onto which the various stranded signal ground wires get connected.
    ...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"

Comment

Originally posted by mook View Post
      What's better? I'd tend to think that for a ground, wire is wire is wire. Seems that the only thing with ground is that you have a solid connection and a larger wire for ground return (14-16 gauge).

For my ground, I usually use buss wire doubled - I spin it on a drill.
      I'm a little confused. Ground is not ground is not ground, so I don't understand the issue of buss wire vs copper.
      (1) isn't buss wire copper, mostly?

(2) how you run wires has a big effect on ground noise. Wire size is less of an issue if your grounding scheme is naturally noise-resistant.
      Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Working...
      X