Rotary Switch for Impedance Selector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary Switch for Impedance Selector

I'm looking around for a good rotary switch to use as an impedance selector in a 15W amp I'm building. I've seen the fancy expensive gibson ones for sale on all the amp building stores (like angela.com and hoffman amps), but I don't want to spend $24 - $40 dollars on an impedance switch.

I'd like to have a good rotary switch to use, but I haven't come across anything yet that has a high enough amperage rating or is cosmetically appealing. I wanted to see what other people are using or have come across.

I'm looking for something that is three position to switch between the typical 4ohm 8ohm and 16ohm impedances.

Thanks you in advance.

In my opinion, the best and most reliable solution is to just have more labeled jacks and don't use a switch at all. Jacks are cheap and you don't have to worry about the switch breaking. It's on the back of the amp so there is no real cosmetic difference.

Comment

tubesandmore have some inexpensive rotary switches, and the Marshall style 4/8/16 ohm speaker switch. I used one in my "Twin" build.

Comment

This is the one I've used for years... in my 20 and 50 watt Crusader amps.
        As a matter of fact, I was the one who stupidly turned MOJO onto this switch when they asked me what they could use as an impedance switch in their 20-50 watt Marshall clone amps... now you can buy them for under $7-$8.

Mojo Switches Mojotone Impedance Selector Switch

Amazing that they have the gall to call it a Mojotone Impedance Selector Switch!
        Bruce

Mission Amps
        Denver, CO. 80022
        www.missionamps.com
        303-955-2412

Comment

looks like NKK HS13-Y. Around 4-5 bucks here.

Comment

Yup... I used to just order a hundred at a time from NKK and that is about the wholesale price in a larger qty.
            Bruce

Mission Amps
            Denver, CO. 80022
            www.missionamps.com
            303-955-2412

Comment

looks like NKK HS13-Y. Around 4-5 bucks here.
              Yep. HS13. Excellent switches.

http://www.nkkswitches.com/pdf/hs_ps_ts.pdf

Comment

I've used this one...
                Rotary Switch, Maintained, SP3T, 13/6.5A - Toggle Switches - Switches - Electrical : Grainger Industrial Supply

Comment

Working...
                X