all 3 amps crackling/popping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all 3 amps crackling/popping!

We just moved into a garage converted into a 2 level cottage. We have 2 guitar amps and 1 bass amp, all crate. We've been using the amps and playing the drums for a few weeks now, my boyfriend has had band practice twice. Recently, my boyfrend rearranged the amps and moved them in front of the drums. All the equipment is set up in a small nook in the bedroom, so the drums are against the wall, with the person's back to the wall, and then the 2 guitar amps were set in front of the drum set, and the bass amp to one side. All 3 amps are crackling a lot when you turn them on, and we tried a couple different cables, and it's not the guitar because it makes the crackling noises when there's no instrument attached to the cable. We are wondering if the amps being so close to the drums could have messed them up, or if there is something wrong with the electric in the house. A few weird things have been happening electrically, like the keyboard shorted out the other night when I played it hard, the fridge keeps getting warm once in a while, and the ice cream is super mushy, my laptop power cable started shorting out the other night, and our external hard drive lost all it's information. Does anyone have an opinion either way on this, or maybe a totally different idea? Thank you in advance!!!
    Last edited by nikiki815; 05-22-2010, 01:35 AM. Reason: missed a detail

Originally posted by nikiki815 View Post
    We just moved into a garage converted into a 2 level cottage. ... We are wondering if the amps being so close to the drums could have messed them up, or if there is something wrong with the electric in the house. A few weird things have been happening electrically, like the keyboard shorted out the other night when I played it hard, the fridge keeps getting warm once in a while, and the ice cream is super mushy, my laptop power cable started shorting out the other night, and our external hard drive lost all it's information. Does anyone have an opinion either way on this, or maybe a totally different idea?
    Come on now. Do you really have to ask?

Think about it - all the electrical stuff in the house is malfunctioning. So are the amps malfunctioning because they're sitting in front of the drums? Or because the house electrical system is letting the refrigerator defrost and killing hard drives? Which is more likely?
    Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Hi nikki.
      Please call a certified electrician at once, to check and repair , as necessary, the electrical installation there.
      The real danger is not burning an amp, fridge or laptop, (minor matters) but the house itself taking fire .
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
      X