Name that Circuit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name that Circuit!

Can anyone name the circuits that would go on these two boards? The first one looks close to a 5E3.
    Attached Files
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Hard to tell from the board alone.
    Print that on paper and pencil components in, trying to find whether a 5E3 or whatever fits in.
    Do it on a rainy, boring Sunday afternoon. Have a good eraser handy.
    Good luck.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Prior to posting I had already printed the images on paper and I had already done the pencil traces. That's how I determined that board #1 is a 5E3 board. It's only missing the mount point for the input resistors, which the kit maker are presumably opted to mount on the input jacks.

I haven't had any luck with Board #2.

If anyone has any ideas about board #2 I'd love to hear your insights.

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

I had already printed the images on paper and I had already done the pencil traces. That's how I determined that board #1 is a 5E3 board.
        Good for you.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I was thinking #2 looked kinda marshallish (plexi) but I can't make things line up.

Anyone have a better guess?

jamie

Comment

I think it's a non-tremelo JTM45, modelled closely on the original. Here it is compared to an actual JTM45 main board.
            Attached Files

Comment

Alex, I think you're right! It definitely looks like the turrets are laid out just like the eyelets in the JTM 45 board. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
              X