Speakers & amplifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers & amplifiers

Maybe somebody here can help me out with this so whatever tips or advice you can give me will help a lot so here it goes.

I acquired two small amplified speakers from an old computer. I can't find who makes these speakers at all. The name on them is (EP-280/Amplified Speaker System). No serial number, model or anything.

The speakers had a bad hum so I decided to take it apart and fix the hum but became intrigued and wanted to know how to build the small amplifier attached to the circuit board. I can read and figure out schematics and componets which I have already. The problem I have now is I don't know the size amplifier schematic to build to test with the small speakers. There is no impedance or wattage printed any where on the speakers. I want to build the entire amp circuit board from scratch and hook them up to the speakers. I tried figureing out the circuit board that was already in it but lost track of the componets hook ups, became ****ed and soldered everything off of it.

Does anybody have any ideas or advice on how I can start this out? I want to build the amp but I don't know the size amp to build because I can't figure out the wattage of my small speakers or the ohm load. They are real small speakers so this is not a lot of power here. The speaker size is approx. 3 in. I also took the transformer out (assuming a step down transformer) and don't know how to measure the voltage coming out of the transformer. any tips on that also?

Any help or suggestions would be great Thanks

-Justin

vive la google
    http://www.ecen.com.tw/en/admin/uplo...4155142325.pdf

does it look like this?

you want to duplicate the existing PCB (board) which doesn't work? Seems like a lot of work for something of unknown quality. A much simpler idea is to put some sort of "chip amp" board inside the unit. At 3" the speaker doesn't need much! Something like ebay item # 380236120681 which is a 2 x 8w class D amp for ~$10 and combined with a 24v "wall wart" something like ebay #280506783368
    Last edited by tedmich; 05-25-2010, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
      vive la google
      http://www.ecen.com.tw/en/admin/uplo...4155142325.pdf

does it look like this?

you want to duplicate the existing PCB (board) which doesn't work? Seems like a lot of work for something of unknown quality. A much simpler idea is to put some sort of "chip amp" board inside the unit. At 3" the speaker doesn't need much! Something like ebay item # 380236120681 which is a 2 x 8w class D amp for ~$10 and combined with a 24v "wall wart" something like ebay #280506783368
      thanks for the help and all your info but I just wanted to build the amp myself just as a fun little project (Just a hobby/experiment) but yes thats what i'm looking for but I wanted to be right know what speakers and transformer I already had to know what amp to create...you get what I'm saying? That pdf isn't the set of speakers I have and I did see that pdf before but those speakers looks a little bit more powerful then what I have but it give me a close starting point. That speaker is a 5 inch and the one I have is a 3 inch but i'll reply on the post as soon as i'm done with everything and tell you how it went...thanks again...anybody else please don't hesitate with your inputs. the more the better

Comment

Working...
      X