• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Dr. Hiwatt

Type AP
    Model #DR-504
    Serial #441

I purchased this head from a buddy who worked at American Music Service Department (Fremont, Seattle) in '93. It landed under his bench after a some co-worker nabbed the Partridge transformer from it, leaving it with one of similar value from a Marshall plexi. Since that $250 purchase (steal) the amp remained a casual player, but was mostly a home amp in set temperatures with not much road use. Recently, in 2007, I started using this amp again and fried her. I took it into that same service department and waited the outcome. They re-capped the entire board, swapped out the Sovetek duet with Mullards, installed Tung-sol 12AX7's, and new rectifier tube. Understanding this is an early model I called the service department while the amp was being worked on and asked for *** (The individual who did the transformer swap in "93) He does not remember doing this, (being over ten years ago). I hoped he still had it. He didn't. I understand this is no longer some stock, collectors dream but sounds incredible through my THD extension cab loaded with 1 Redcoat Governor and 1 Private Jack, she is a perfect addition to a compact gig rig and remains a player. My question: Should I locate a Partridge for sound purposes? Or is the Marshall serving the purpose and needn't be messed with. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ERB; 05-26-2010, 06:42 PM.
Working...
X