Jbl Eon 15g2 Occasionally Blows main fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jbl Eon 15g2 Occasionally Blows main fuse

Good Afternoon Everyone. I have a 15g2 in with an intermittent fuse blowing problem. When i bring the voltage up on my vari-ac it always works fine....And MOST of the time when you turn the unit on...it works fine...But then you will get a couple of times where the fuse will blow at turn on. Has anybody worked on this unit or has had similar experiences that could point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time

Art

Let me ask the obvious, are you using regular fast blow fuses, and might the EON be expecting slow blow fuses? Next to the fuse holder does it say T before the fuse value?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Check for dry joints, power output components and voltage drop resistors as well as ground points. This symptom may come about when you PLUG IN input XLR connectors.

Comment

from the parts list of the EON 15P which I guess is the same rating
        FUSE CLIP, 5mm, PCB
        FUSE, 4A Time Lag (120V Version only)
        FUSE, 2A Time Lag (220/230V Versions only)
        FUSE, 5A Time Lag (100V Version only)

Comment

And from a service bulletin pertaining to 230v versions:

Indication: In locations where the power grid is unstable and AC voltages could be greater than
          the +10% tolerance engineered into the design of the power supply, there is a possibility that the
          input fuse will fail when powered on. In these circumstances we are recommending the original
          2.5A/250V fuse (part# 32-0052) be replaced with a Bussmann GDC3.15A/250V fuse (part# 453-
          13322-00).

Comment

Thank you everyone for your quick reply, and i hope you all had a nice Memorial day!! Well, i thought that the unit would require slow blows also....(the marking on the PCB by the fuse holder just said (f1,f2). However, the owner didnt have the originals ...and has replaced the fuses at least a couple of time if not more...so he said that was the correct value. After the last couple of posts..and more info from JBL, Yes, the Unit does requires Slow-blow fuses!!

Thanks again for all of your help!!

Comment

Working...
            X