Crown Macro Tech 2400 Air Filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown Macro Tech 2400 Air Filter?

The foam air filter was plugged solid. I tried to wash it and it disintgrated. These amps are very dependant on air flow but I don't want to run it without a filter or install something too restrictive. Any suggestions or call Crown??

Ah geez, we used to buy sheets of the stuff somewhere local. Seems to me it was a welding shop for some reason. Look up filters in your local yellow pages.

It is just open cell foam. We used to make them for the front of those Crowns, and also cut out squares for the back of Carver PM1.5 amps, among others.

And yes, you could certainly call Crown for a slab of it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Crown does sell these filters. they are like $3 so don't drive yourself nuts trying to find the stuff. call crown. order extras.

Zc

Comment

Thx men! I called Crown and ordered several. Since I live 45 mins from the city, ordering was much easier than driving around. But I will be on the look out for what Enzo recommended. Enzo, I also enjoy all your replies to many repair problems. Your giving a free education. And once in a while tell it like it is..... ho ho ho......

Comment

We are a Crown service center and go through those like crazy. They are cheap and we keep plenty in stock. If you ever need any more, e-mail us.

I do also buy filter foam to make filter elements for other oddball stuff.
          John R. Frondelli
          dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Working...
          X