• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by defaced View Post
    The state of the message is shown by what folder it's in:
    Outbox means the person hasn't read it
    Sent means the person has
    Still not showing up and there is no outbox in the user CP. The good news is that Elepro did receive the PM and I received the payment request. Already paid and next is ordering the parts.

Comment

Anyone have an idea for a box to house this.

Comment

Originally posted by BadHorsie View Post
        Anyone have an idea for a box to house this.

It would be nice to select an appropriate enclosure for this from Mouser so we can get that at the same time.

Also it looks like one of the caps is backordered at Mouser in the US, perhaps a substitution is in order?

Actually two items, the .1mfd cap and the 16 post header (517-929834-01-16 ................ lcd header).
        Last edited by David King; 06-03-2010, 07:42 PM. Reason: details, details

Comment

estimated arrival date for the cap is june 23rd and the header has a 4 week lead time. I went ahead and ordered anyway as I am in no particular hurry. I'll be on the road pretty constantly for all of june.

Others may want to look into a substitute.

Comment

Elepro,
            Me too Please!
            Thanks!
            Cru

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
              That leaves only three.

I multiplied the mouser order out by 11 and it comes to $191, no big savings there except on shipping which is hardly a consideration compared to sorting out all the parts and mailing off a dozen packages. I would consider having Elepro send all US-bound boards to one address via the most secure way we can afford and redistributing them from within this continent. It might make sense to split Canadian orders off from the US ones just to save the 2 weeks per border crossing.
              anybody else from canada in on this
              "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

I don't want all the parts yet, just the PCB + MCU. I probably have a lot of the parts already, and I'm not in a rush to build it, since I have the previous meter.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

A set of dimensions for the PC board(s) would be allow us to choose a suitable project box. It looks like it might still fit in the enclosure some folks got for the last GMeter project? My version 1 is still sitting in the buff -I use it everyday that way.

Comment

here a pdf of the pcb in real dimensions.... print at 100%

bye
                    Attached Files
                    .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
                    .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

Originally posted by CRU JONES View Post
                      Elepro,
                      Me too Please!
                      Thanks!
                      Cru
                      sorry but all the PCBs are sold.... i will order again in a few days... and i could have in a week...

bye
                      .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
                      .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

Ok, David have you picked out a box to house it now that you have the PCB size.

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                          anybody else from canada in on this
                          I'm seriously considering it. have the 11 been accounted for? I guess these sensors will not be calibrated like V.1.

Comment

Those of us with V1 should be able to calibrate the new sensor or just use our old probes.

My printer can't do anything right -it's an HP I have no idea what the pcb dims are.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                              Those of us with V1 should be able to calibrate the new sensor or just use our old probes.
                              I was also thinking of using V1 to calibrate the new version.

My printer can't do anything right -it's an HP I have no idea what the pcb dims are.
                              3.28" X 3"

I used the measure tool in Acrobat.
                              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
                              X