Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• try this

https://it.mouser.com/ProjectManager...sID=835256d34c
    .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
    .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

• Elepro THANKS! I am about to sit down and populate the board you sent me and I am very excited. This project is so great on so many levels.

I think I remember seeing more documentation on this project somewhere - all I have is the parts placement from CAD [Gauss.pdf], and that doesn't have the pinout for the sensor board - tho I'm sure I can get the data sheet for Ad2215 and figure it out. Is there any documentation? E.g. what do the buttons do?

Comment

• Okay I spent a good 10 minutes searching and found this: http://www.labguitars.com/upload/gaussmeter3.pdf

Looks to be same revision as the board I have. Thanks!

Comment

• perfect .... let me know
          .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
          .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

• Hello Elepro,

David Schwab told me about your gauss meter kit for measuring the magnet strength of my pickups. Can I buy a complete kit from you please? I am an experienced electronics technician and should easily manage to piece it together. I believe you are based in Italy. I live in Scotland and will pay in Euros if you require via paypal.
            Please let me know if this is OK

thanks Kindly

Andy Johnson

Comment

• Hello Elepro,

David Schwab told me about your gauss meter kit for measuring the magnet strength of my pickups. Can I buy a complete kit from you please? I am an experienced electronics technician and should easily manage to piece it together. I believe you are based in Italy. I live in Scotland and will pay in Euros if you require via paypal.
              Please let me know if this is OK

thanks Kindly

Andy Johnson Nov 2015

Comment

• I'm also interested in this project.

I know that it was some years ago that you made the pcb's, but could you do another run?

thanks

Comment

• So is this project completely dead?

If so, can you guys please recommend an alternative to a DIY Gauss Meter?

Or if anyone wants to sell their unit please let me know

THank you so much

Comment

• Originally posted by ilcaccillo View Post
                    So is this project completely dead?

If so, can you guys please recommend an alternative to a DIY Gauss Meter?

Or if anyone wants to sell their unit please let me know

THank you so much

Have you seen this DIY project https://www.kjmagnetics.com/blog.asp?p=gaussmeter ?

If you want something cheap that's already made, there's this Spin Doctor E.R.

Comment

• Originally posted by Antigua View Post
                      Have you seen this DIY project https://www.kjmagnetics.com/blog.asp?p=gaussmeter ?

If you want something cheap that's already made, there's this Spin Doctor E.R.
                      I don't believe they are being manufactured anymore.

Spin Doctor Website
                      Take Care,

Jim. . .
                      VA3DEF

Comment

• Yes, unfortunately the Spin Doctor is not being produced any longer.

I've seen simple DIY projects like the one you posted, just using an 5V regulator and the hall sensor.

It's pretty easy to do, but I would prefer to built something like the Elepro V3 or the Spin Doctor, with PIC integration that indicate south and north pole and do already the voltage conversion to Gauss

Comment

• Originally posted by ilcaccillo View Post
                          Yes, unfortunately the Spin Doctor is not being produced any longer.

I've seen simple DIY projects like the one you posted, just using an 5V regulator and the hall sensor.

It's pretty easy to do, but I would prefer to built something like the Elepro V3 or the Spin Doctor, with PIC integration that indicate south and north pole and do already the voltage conversion to Gauss
                          That's a shame. I would have bought a backup if I knew they were going away.

Are you specifically interested in making it yourself, or would you buy something already made, equivalent to the Spin Doctor?

I'm seeing a magnetometer here for $111.00 https://www.ebay.com/i/252795578256?chn=ps , I suspect it indicates polarity with the numeric sign.

Comment

• Thanks for the link Antigua,
                            I would preffer to build a DIY version.

The Elepro 3.0 Gauss meter seemed exactly what I need, but I don't know the status of the project at the moment, unfortunately this thread seems dead for a while.
                            Maybe some older member with experience with this project can shed some light or it would be great if Elepro gave us some info on the possibility of doing another run of PCB+MCU's.
                            I'm sure I could gather enough people interested to do another run

Comment

• Lab Liuteria - Faq - Easy Gaussmeter

It's in italian. Use the google translate feature.

It should be a nifty little thing, easy and cheap to make, using components available everywhere at anytime.

Granted, not for forensic use, but precise enough to give a pretty good idea about the charge of any alnico magnet. Or so I was told by my late friend Giuseppe.
                              Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                              Milano, Italy

Comment

• Is this useful?

http://www.labguitars.com/pickup_gaussmeter.html

I may have found elepro's project. This page hasn't been edited since 2012, so I don't know how relevant it is today.

gaussmeter3.pdf

Let's see if this attachment thing works... yes, it does!

Any takers to take this and develop it a bit further, so it'll look like the Spin Doctor? That was a really well-thought-out format. But the guy refused to ship to Italy, not even with full payment in advance.

I used to have the first of elepro's gaussmeter project, which worked like a charm... until it died under the wheels of a two-tons SUV. Don't ask.
                                Last edited by LtKojak; 12-21-2017, 08:22 AM.
                                Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                                Milano, Italy

Comment

Working...
                                X