Vox Buckingham Reverb Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Buckingham Reverb Tank

First time poster here!! I'm slowly bringing this amp back to life. It's been dead for decades. I need some direction on this reverb tank. One spring is gone. It has a transformer to drive this circuit. Both input and output connectors are grounded to the tank housing. Measurements are similiar to what Accutronics calls a Series 4, long, 2 spring. Anyone have a recommendation with a specific part number?

Welcome to the place.

If you're sure it is transformer driven, a standard Fender style tank will work with the exception of the ungrounded input jack.

So I guess 4AB3A1B would be the one.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response! I'll order the tank today. By the time the reverb section is done, I'm sure there will be other issues. To me, it looks like a lot of different hands were poking around in the preamp section. Still working on the smaller electrolytics.

Comment

Yes, the electrolytic caps in that amp are always the first thing to replace. I probably wouldn't even bother to test them, just shotgun the entire amp.

Comment

Just checked what's in the amp versus what SHOULD be in the amp. Transformer driven, insulated input(?) 8 ohm, output grounded 2250 ohm. Does that seem right? 4AB3C1B then? Not sure if tank in the amp is original. It was missing feet and two screws!

Comment

Does the amp have a grounded shielded cable going to the tank? If it does then the input jack needs to be insulated, if not then the input jack needs to be grounded.

Comment

Yes, the cable from the transformer to the tank is a shielded cable. The cable out of the tank is also shielded. So the tank in the case is the wrong one! Ta-da! Well, that should take care that problem. Thanks again! I'll finish what I've got half completed, retest and repost.

Comment

Working...
              X