CONN organ tube amp guitar conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ran Randle View Post
    I'm still learning myself, its a lot of fun. That amp looks similar to ones I've seen for sale lately on the bay. Its got some thick dust layers going on there, haha. Looks really cool! Good luck with it, cheers.
    Yeah, I expected to replace some capacitors, not find a tube amp hiding back there.
    I have the whole organ too. I wish I could figure out a way to use all the organ special effects for my guitar, that would sure be interesting.

My tubes look really brittle too. Going to be fun to learn something new when I get the time to work on it. Wont be any time soon though.

Comment

Originally posted by Talyn View Post
      Yeah, I expected to replace some capacitors, not find a tube amp hiding back there.
      I have the whole organ too. I wish I could figure out a way to use all the organ special effects for my guitar, that would sure be interesting.

My tubes look really brittle too. Going to be fun to learn something new when I get the time to work on it. Wont be any time soon though.
      You could replace the caps and just add a 1/4" input to plug in to.
      It would NOT be a portable setup though...

Comment

Did you dismantle that CONN yet?

Really cool to see others have figured this out too.

I went to fix my organ for fun, thought it was a bad cap, found this inside. I cannot wait to actually work on it. It has 2 bad Tubes causing some issues, but works otherwise.

I wish I had a clue what you guys were talking about though in the thread. haha. So confusing to me. Guess I've been outa the loop to long, but then I know not a damn thing about tubes or amplifiers.
        --------
        That looks a lot like my CONN 532 in your post. I'm looking for another one inorder to keep my Dad's 532 going. If you haven't dismantled it yet and may want to find a home for it, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom D View Post
          --------
          That looks a lot like my CONN 532 in your post. I'm looking for another one inorder to keep my Dad's 532 going. If you haven't dismantled it yet and may want to find a home for it, let me know.
          What's wrong with your Dad's 532?

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
            What's wrong with your Dad's 532?
            Well, I made good progress from my last post. There were over 38 wires that had to be repaired because of the work of a mouse. I found 2 bad tubes on the power supply/Amp. The major problem was the rectifier 5u4. The 5u4 failed in a shorted condition and I was blowing fuses. The organ now works pretty well, but it's time to clean contacts, tune and check out the speakers. At least one of my 5 1/4" speakers has a torn cone. I'm looking to have it rebuilt or find another.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom D View Post
              Well, I made good progress from my last post. There were over 38 wires that had to be repaired because of the work of a mouse. I found 2 bad tubes on the power supply/Amp. The major problem was the rectifier 5u4. The 5u4 failed in a shorted condition and I was blowing fuses. The organ now works pretty well, but it's time to clean contacts, tune and check out the speakers. At least one of my 5 1/4" speakers has a torn cone. I'm looking to have it rebuilt or find another.
              Good job!
              Don't forget about those electrolytics while you're in there.
              Might have been a contributor to the 5U4 failure.
              Next would be transformers failing if the caps are going out.

Comment

if your not in a hurry. I'll gladly get you some parts from my organ.
                But you cannot have any of my amp parts. =)

I still waiting to get some time to go back home and get it from the organ and bring it back to my new home 14 hours away.

I could take the speakers out for you and set you up. Mine are good still.

Comment

if your not in a hurry. I'll gladly get you some parts from my organ.
                  But you cannot have any of my amp parts. =)

I still waiting to get some time to go back home and get it from the organ and bring it back to my new home 14 hours away.

I could take the speakers out for you and set you up. Mine are good still.
                  Pardon my delayed responses and for my lack of understanding.
                  Are you repairing the organ, or are you parting it out?

PM me!

Comment

Working...
                  X