Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbucker Keeper Bars

Hey All,

I'm currently setup to make keeper bars via CNC. If anyone is interested in some let me know ASAP as I plan to tear down on friday. These are Milled and Drilled and as close to PAF accurate as you can get. I'm not to interested in onesie twosie orders, so i've priced them accordingly.

I currently have 49.57mm (allparts / stewmac bobbins), and 50mm going. I'll also being making 50mm with threaded #5-40 pole screw holes for P-90's. Those will be more expensive because of the threading. Here's the pricing:

Standard 49.57mm and 50mm, 53mm

1-9 $5.00/each
    10-49 $4.00/each
    49-99 $3.00/each
    100-499 $2.00 / each
    500+ $1.50 / each
    threaded add $0.50 each to any quantity.

Yes I will ship to canada.

PM is probably the best way to contact me.
    Last edited by belwar; 06-07-2010, 04:47 PM.

can you put any pictures please?
    what material do you use?

Comment

Sure, I can give more information...

The bars are made from 3/16" x 1/8" rectangular cold rolled 1018 steel. I was told the steel was made in America (though i've not seen a certificate verifying it but have no reason to doubt it), though I did do a Spectropscopy analysis to verify it is 1018. The standard 49.57mm, and 50mm ones I make have the pole screw holes measuring 0.125" drilled with a 1/8" solid carbide drill bit, and the mounting screw holes are 0.1405 cut with a #28 solid carbide bit. The ends are cut with an end mill a little bit rough (original PAF bars look like they were cut with tin snips), I could make them extra smooth but it would add to the cost of the machining and isnt an important detail in my mind.

I can also make custom size keepers .. i.e. 7 string, 8 string, etc. I make keepers for 6 or 7 people on the forum now.

Primarily the reason I sell them is I need a new roof - and that costs a fortune! :>

Here's a video of the keepers I make for one of TV jones pickups. You can see the finished product at the end of the video.

Any questions?

Comment

Working...
      X