Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Encore 65 Amp

Hello everyone!
    I have an opportunity to buy a Peavey Encore 65 amp, ($ 100.00)
    I was working on this for someone, it was not working.
    and I found the plate resistors needed to be replaced.
    This model had 1/4 watt 100K's in it and Peavey said they should be 1 watt.
    Anyway, getting sound now, but distorted, so going to do a cap job, along with all the plate resistors. And possible tubes?

My question for you is it worth paying $ 100.00 for this amp considering I have to complete the repair. I was going to charge $50.00 labor and parts?
    Anyway that is what this guy wants. I thought this would be a great Blues Amp with a little work? So I would keep it

Appreciate your feedback!

Dennis

I don't know much about that amp. That aside I do know that most of the speakers Peavey used were very good. The Scorpion and Black Widow both sounded good to me and seem to be well recieved by others. The cabinets, while not very attractive, are tough. And it IS a tube amp, so it can be modded into almost anything you want it to be. Peavey's in general are good if not very good amps, reliability wise. And even though it may not be a special looking amp like you might get with a kit or a custom build, it IS tubes, chassis, sockets, transformers, cabinet, speaker and all the misc (power cord, switches, etc.) for only $100

JM2C

Chuck

PS I just looked at the schem and it seems pretty cool. A couple of diode clipping circuits and most likely board mounted tube sockets. You could likely mod it for a pretty cool amp or gut it and roll your own PTP circuit inside. Could be a real sleeper. No one would know it wasn't just a Peavey Encore They may not go for much more, but it seems like a lot of amp for $100.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Thanks for your input!

Well,
      Thanks for your input, this really helps me to decide! I probably will go ahead and buy it! Im going to try $75.00 But if not $100.00 it is!
      Thanks so much, your input is invaluable!

Dennis

Comment

Working...
      X