Bugera 6262 Footswitch Relay Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera 6262 Footswitch Relay Change?

Can anybody tell me how to change my bugera's footswitch channel relays from impulse to latching? I am trying to use it with a g major but the g major does not seem to use momentary switching. I figure the easiest thing to do is change the amp's relays...anybody got any advice?

The relays have nothing to do with it... does it even have relays, or is it solid state switching? Whatever the switching, the relays are being controlled by some kind of circuit.

In either case, you would have to either modify the circuit that controls the relay/switches, or use some kind of circuit between the G Major and the amp that would translate latch to pulse.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Yes there are relays, and David is correct, they have nothing to do with it. The FS inputs go directly to the DSP board where channel switching logic is handled. Then the DSP circuits control the relays.

Conceivably one could remove all the DSP connections and create a new drive circuit for the relays. Wouldn't be simple or cheap.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Nevermind I figured it out. I just found where the channels are switched on the circuit board. Then I just wired a stereo jack to the clean and lead switches and connected a stereo jack to the g-major. Works just fine now

Comment

hey tylerlespaul,

I also just opened up my amp the other day and tried to figure out extra switching.

You claim you were successful? How did you actually do it? I'd love to be able to switch the channels with my BossGTPro also (just like gmajor)

Comment

I guess (may be wrong) that one end of the relay coil has always some DC voltage, the other end is grounded at will, which is done, presumably thanks to some switching transistor driven from the Logic Board or whatever.
            If that's so (it's the most plausible case), if you ground the corresponding end with anything else, even a piece of wire (or an external, latching switch), you should be able to turn that relay on.
            Problem is, it becomes OR logic, meaning that that relay will be turned on by your new switch OR the original logic.
            Meaning: if "they" say OFF, you can turn it on/off with your switch, but if they say ON, it will keep so no matter what you do.
            Of course, if you cut the track that leads to the relay and leave only the new wired connection, that won't happen, but personally, I wouldn't do such brain surgery.
            It's your amp, of course.
            I think the best option would be to get a new improved version of GTPro/GMajor which at will outputs either a hard shorting contact or a pulse.
            Or maybe somebody designs and sells an aftermarket little board which does just that hint hint.
            No, not me, I *hate* digitals, but maybe somebody out there ....
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

thanks for your help! Anyone else with this experience? I've noticed the relay is a BT-24S Bestar, but i'm not sure which contact means what? i understand how a relay works, but i am unsure of how the pins interact with each other....

Comment

Here is the BT-24 datasheet.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X