Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
    Nugent was dumbfounded.
    I wonder if he was really dumbfounded, or pulling legs.

I once saw Ted on the Merv Griffin show (broadcast from Philly on weekday afternoons) in a "Battle of the Guitar Gods" versus... Les Paul! Totally deadpan. Hilarious.

...The house big band plays a jazz blues while Les soloes. The band continues the jazz blues, and Ted... well, Ted plays like Ted Nugent.

After the commercial, Merv asks Ted to rate the "fight". Ted rambles on with self-deprecating humor only musicians would understand, like "Well, Lester did nail all the changes, but I think I employed some very interesting use of the minor pentatonic scale... and did you notice when I created tension by playing the scale's tonic with wide vibrato over the five chord, and held it until it resolved to the one chord? That's some harmonically sophisticated stuff there, and I'm pretty sure the judges will give me the decision..."

Um, I guess you had to be there.

Later,
    -rb

PS- BTW, as a forum moderator, aren't you supposed to be making the participants stay on topic?
    Last edited by rjb; 06-24-2010, 02:48 AM. Reason: forgot smiley
    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
      He's certainly not anyone I would care to listen to.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post

I once saw Ted on the Merv Griffin show (broadcast from Philly on weekday afternoons) in a "Battle of the Guitar Gods" versus... Les Paul! Totally deadpan. Hilarious.

...The house big band plays a jazz blues while Les soloes. The band continues the jazz blues, and Ted... well, Ted plays like Ted Nugent.

After the commercial, Merv asks Ted to rate the "fight". Ted rambles on with self-deprecating humor only musicians would understand, like "Well, Lester did nail all the changes, but I think I employed some very interesting use of the minor pentatonic scale... and did you notice when I created tension by playing the scale's tonic with wide vibrato over the five chord, and held it until it resolved to the one chord? That's some harmonically sophisticated stuff there, and I'm pretty sure the judges will give me the decision..."

Um, I guess you had to be there.
        I get it

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
          He's certainly not anyone I would care to listen to.
          Same here. I'm just saying he may not be as dumb as he acts. How could he be?
          + = Tongue in Cheek
          DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Working...
          X