Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Mojo

Greetings,

It's been a while since I have posted here. I just wanted to say hello and also let you know about some new offerings we have for pickup parts. Some are online already and some are not up yet but I expect most items to start coming in between now and late Summer. As always, thank you all for your support! Always contact me through Mojo if I can help. David Shepherd

1/2 lb spools of coil wire
    7 String pickup parts
    Beveled rod magnets
    Firebird magnet

I will also be getting more bass pickup covers, and blade bobbins.

Hi david,

Will you also carry the metal blades for the bobbins? If so, what alloy?

thanks
    www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

Hey Kevin,
      Unfortunately I won't have the metal blades. We were experimenting with a metal cutting laser and it became a huge hassle so we bagged it.

Comment

i agree , i would like to see blades & matching bobbins as well .....also i was interested in adjustable slugs like dimarzio uses
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

David,

Is there any chance you could do custom cut flatwork?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinT View Post
            Hi david,

Will you also carry the metal blades for the bobbins? If so, what alloy?

thanks
            Didn't the firebird have two bar magnets as blades?

Steel blades are simple to make. Get some bar stock from Mcmaster-Carr and cut it to length. I do it every day.
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Some short, soap bar p-90 covers would be nice. You carry the early style base plates, but no covers. I usually have to cut them down myself. Pain in the butt.
              Bill Megela

Electric City Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                Didn't the firebird have two bar magnets as blades?
                Yes. I had thought they were two bar slugs with the mag below but got corrected on that in here.

Comment

The price on a 1/2 lb of Enamel wire is a bit extreme dont you think?? I mean at a Lb rate it is 70 bucks a lb. I can buy 5lbs for 220.00. I mean c'mon, what about the small guy who wont need 5lbs?

Comment

Hello Madialex,
                    Although it seems expensive you have to consider the cost/time of re-spooling from a 5 lb spool and also the waste at the end of every 5 lb spool. Also we have to pay employees to re-spool, pack, receive into inventory, sell, and ship these items. I understand your concern but we aren't making much profit off of these spools. It's more of a convenience item for those who can't justify buying 5lbs of wire. I hope this clarifies any confusion.
                    David Shepherd
                    Mojo Musical Supply

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                      Some short, soap bar p-90 covers would be nice. You carry the early style base plates, but no covers. I usually have to cut them down myself. Pain in the butt.
                      Make them yourself.
                      sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
                        Make them yourself.
                        Spence, Are you refering to vacuum forming? I'd love to do that and briefly looked into it, but I've just been too busy. It seems like the most difficult part is making the formers. The table and vacuum system seem to be pretty straight forward. Any advise or tips ?
                        Bill Megela

Electric City Pickups

Comment

zparts, when are the Firebird mags coming in?

Comment

Bill, either Spence or Jonson started a thread on vacuum forming a year or two back, it had all kinds of good info/photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
                              zparts, when are the Firebird mags coming in?
                              I hope to see them arrive by the end of this month. Normally it would be faster but I added all of those beveled magnets too which increased lead times.

Comment

Working...
                              X