Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall AVT100 Resistor values?

Here I come begging again...

Anybody out there with a Marshall AVT100 schematic (or intimate knowledge) willing and able to tell me the correct value of a couple of FUBAR resistors in the low voltage supply circuit? They are R284 & R285 on the AC side of the low voltage bridge rectifier.

Other components around there are blown but identifiable - it's just those two that are complete crispy critters.

Thank you much -

Mark

Originally posted by Mark Black View Post
    Here I come begging again...

Anybody out there with a Marshall AVT100 schematic (or intimate knowledge) willing and able to tell me the correct value of a couple of FUBAR resistors in the low voltage supply circuit? They are R284 & R285 on the AC side of the low voltage bridge rectifier.

Other components around there are blown but identifiable - it's just those two that are complete crispy critters.

Thank you much -

Mark
    Both are 2.2 ohm 1 Watt (likely were, uh, flame proof mox)

(I have the complete schem. set if you get stuck again.)

Not sure what took these out on you, but most of the
    Valvestate amps have various under-rated / too closely-rated
    components that will continue to cook on the board. You
    may want to up the wattage ratings on the replacements.....

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks much!

It will be interesting to see what the problem that took out both regulators, a 10uF cap, and those resistors actually ends up being. So far static testing hasn't revealed it so I see a variac & lightbulb limiter in the amp's near future.

Thanks again -

Mark

Comment

I was curious if you knew what resistor value is in the R210 place. My local electronics store has assured they have the resistor but I haven't been able to find the correct value of that particular one. I have the schematic but they say they need a parts list as well or the color code of the resistor to get the correct one.

Thanks,
        Brandon

Comment

10 ohm / 2 watt resistor.
          It appears to be a part of the Zobel network.

Comment

Working...
          X