Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• individual NFB ? on 2 ch champ build

Hi ,
    Firstly a big thanks to all the people that share their knowledge with us novices .
    I have a Vchamp kit , but ..
    I'd like to make it a 2 ch, 2 tonestack, preamp stage , one BF'y and the other Tweedy .
    I want to switch from one channel to the other without needing to switch the NFB as well.
    Can i use an NFB resistor coming off each of the preamp tubes cathodes ?
    When you've stopped laughing , would you mind telling me why not , i can only guess. I've learnt to read schems but not a real lot more yet .
    My father said " don't let the world change who you are" i was surprised as i felt it was probably a very good idea

...No, because the channel with active NFB would also be "feeling" the effects of the static NFB from the inactive channel, especially with direct DC-coupled NFB.

...however, if AC-coupled NFB is used, then "yes" your idea should work.
    ...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"

Comment

Thanks for the reply Old Tele man .
      Me being a novice i suspect you knew there would be another question .....
      Where can i look to read up on that , a schematic , another source of info ?.
      And will AC coupled NFB effect the circuit in any way with respect to the final sound ?

."...yes, but it's a DRY heat!" good because i find even 25° and humid unbearable
      My father said " don't let the world change who you are" i was surprised as i felt it was probably a very good idea

Comment

Working...
      X