Reverb is broken, help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb is broken, help?

About 2 days ago, my amp starting doing this really weird noise when i put the volume anywhere above 4. It makes this really loud obnoxious noise when i hit any string and usually doesn't stop. I believe it has something to do with the spring reverb. I know when i dropped my amp a little hard, a metallic noise could be heard, this being the reverb. Now all i hear a little dangle inside, and the metallic noise is gone

My amp is a Fender 65R, and this is the first time its done this. I don't have too much of a knowledge on amps so i'm a little scared to open it, if someone could explain whats wrong this would be a lot of help

and some extra info, it happens on both channels, with or without gain.
    ive tried different guitars and different instrument cables, same thing happens

Your spring probably fell off the solenoid with the impact, or one of the strings somehow became unattached from the other. One of the strings is vibrating hard when you hit the note, it's hitting the reverb pan metal and the other loose spring is picking that up and injecting it back to the amp, full volume. Go see a tech, unless it was a big impact your reverb pan can probably be put together again.
    Valvulados

Comment

Working...
    X