Princeton 65 Tone Stack Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princeton 65 Tone Stack Mod

I just picked up a Fender Princeton 65 (SS) amp. Thinking of moding the tone stack to that of a standard BF fender tube amp. Has anyone tried this or any mod to the tone stack for better tone results

Originally posted by nwguy View Post
    I just picked up a Fender Princeton 65 (SS) amp. Thinking of moding the tone stack to that of a standard BF fender tube amp. Has anyone tried this or any mod to the tone stack for better tone results
    Frankly, you would probably have better results simply using an EQ pedal in front of it.

Comment

True that. The transistor to tube circuit impedance (and other) differences will make the tube Princeton stack behave differently than it does in the original anyway. It's like trying to put bicycle wheels on your skateboard because you like your bike but not your skateboard. Two different things and the parts (circuits) don't translate the same. An EQ at the input or maybe the "power amp out/in" will probably get you closer.

Chuck
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by nwguy View Post
        Have you downloaded the 'tone stack calculator'? I'm not familiar with that particular amps tone stack, but I guess it's similar to other Fender SS amps.The values of the resistors and caps are scaled differently, often by a factor of 5, so keep that in mind.
        "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
        - Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
        X