Problems w/ Mojo orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems w/ Mojo orders?

Anybody else here experience issues with Mojo orders not being correct? What about shipping times? I know USPS is slow, but I paid $40 Cdn for shipping, and it took about 11 days to get to BC. Plus, they forgot an item, and sent me some incorrect ones. Now I've been waiting for twelve days since the order correction was shipped - still nothing. Almost four weeks since the original order was shipped. Is it normal for USPS to be this slow coming from NC? Based on the tracking of the original package, it spent most of the travel time getting from NC to IL.

I left a message for them after I received the first package to inform them of the errors, asking them to call me as soon as they could on Monday(I really needed the stuff they had forgotten), and never received a call back. I finally called them, and the salesperson I spoke with was rather abrupt with me.

This is the first time I've dealt with Mojo, and I would like to use them in the future, so I hope this is isolated bad luck...

send e-mail to david, find him at their contacts or ask woman on phone to connect you with him, he is a nice guy that will solve your problems

Comment

I just got a small order from them and it was here in 2 days. Not sure what happened? This doesn't bode well for future orders from me though. This was a test order to see how they were to deal with etc.. Keep us posted on the status please. Thanks.

Comment

Hey Plucky, so far I've had some good success with Mojo shipping to Vic. Orders have been correct. Shipping times do take a while but are you talking about 11 days including weekends or 11 business days? If I order during the week it usually arrives the following week.
        Tony

Comment

there's always some little thing but nothing that was not resolved ,here in Newfoundland it takes about 10 days buy my guess is there's a couple of days sitting in customs .depending on the time you place your order they have shipped it the same day .shipping is a little steep but im starting to buy in bulk . i am usually happy with there stuff & service, i get most of my parts there
          "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Hi

I´m in Austria and usually they dispatch the orders quickly, the usps can be very slow while using using fed ex is more expensive but pretty much guarantees fast delivery which gets through customs much faster, we get clobbered by the taxes here for 30% on top off the whole order inc, shipping.
            P.s. David replies promptly to questions and gives first class service.

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

also you can get david on chat, through google mail, his e-mail is

david (AT) mojotone (.) com
              Last edited by David Schwab; 07-13-2010, 02:44 AM. Reason: Obfuscated email

Comment

Things are slow coming across the border. 11 days is about right.

I haven't had any real problems with Mojo. When things are missing it's usually a back order item and noted on the packing slip. Anything incorrect I've had is one thing that is pretty close to the other, not something really far out in left field. I think I got sent some 3 way switches once rather than 5 way.
                www.tonefordays.com

Comment

USPS can be dead slow and can also be quite quick, in other words this is highly unreliable when it comes to timing (well, I know I am in Europe, which makes it different anyway).
                  When I need some part "urgently", I don't rely on USPS

I've had once some covers that came with scratches because of the way they were packed. I contacted David and he promptly replaced them all.
                  He is very prompt to reply. Also he will do custom order to some extend. I don't like flatwork with eyelets on because I prefer to varnish/laquer bobbins before putting eyelets on: no problem to have them supplied without eyelets for instance.
                  I find Mojo to be a good supplier I can rely on. Be sure to be in touch with David though, since he is in charge of the resellers accounts and things may be different with some other salesperson.
                  www.bourvonaudiodesign.fr

Comment

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'll have to request Fedex Economy next time. it would only cost about 10 bucks more, brokerage is included, and it would have been here in 2 days.

I just figured that for 40 bucks the "priority international" shipping would get here a lot sooner. I've ordered bigger, heavier things from Stew Mac, and the USPS shipping was less than that, and it arrived sooner.

-R

Comment

You know I would probably blame USPS.. particularly if you are on the west coast. I ship tons of stuff by USPS, and its usually insanely fast and accurate, but they loose it when shipping to vancouver.

For example, I live near Los Angeles. I can send a priority mail package to Spain or france and they have it in 3 days. However, the same package going to vancouver takes 12-15 via priority mail. And 10 days by express mail!

I dont regularly buy from mojo but never had a problem - if they say they shipped it, they did. The shipping delay is frustrating though. You may want to request fedex ground or if you are near the border get a PO box. Many people in BC get a po box in a place like Blaine, WA and ship thier goods there

Comment

I don't blame Mojo for the shipping time, I know they gave the package to USPS the day after I placed the order. Based on the limited tracking information provided, it sat at the post office in NC for around 5 days before it was put on the road. Once it entered Canada from Chicago, it was about 3 days to arrive. By the way, the order correction was sent 13 days ago(including weekends), and it still hasn't arrived.

You may want to request fedex ground
                        Fedex Ground incurs brokerage fees going across the border that start around 40 bucks, and increase if the value of the shipment is high. Fedex Economy includes the brokerage, and is priced somewhere between Ground and Express, and will show up in two days or even one sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by belwar View Post
                          For example, I live near Los Angeles. I can send a priority mail package to Spain or france and they have it in 3 days. However, the same package going to vancouver takes 12-15 via priority mail. And 10 days by express mail!
                          I've had issues with USPS priority mail going out of the country. It usually starts with the tracking number showing no information except that "electronic shipping into received" and then the package never gets there. I sent some pickups to Spain on June 17th and they haven't gotten there yet. Same issue happened with an order going to Brazil. That was last year, and it never got there, and the guy wanted the listed value of the package low, so I can't get the real amount back with the insurance!

I sent an order to Mexico, and the guy insisted on using FexEx because USPS often "loses" the packages. That got there in a few days.

But most of the time USPS does fine.
                          Last edited by David Schwab; 07-13-2010, 12:04 PM.
                          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

its kind of funny !!!!!!! i get stuff from stew mac in a little over a week & mojo close to the same amount of time (maybe a day or 2 later) but i ordered some neo magnets from ebay (which i order very little from these days) somewhere in san jose it took a month , it almost like there's a berlin wall , but i have recently got orders from mouser & there in Texas & they shipped just fast as mojo ,so i don't know
                            "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by Yves View Post
                              Also [David] will do custom order to some extend. I don't like flatwork with eyelets on because I prefer to varnish/laquer bobbins before putting eyelets on: no problem to have them supplied without eyelets for instance.
                              I'm with you on that one, but because they interfere with either the wire or the faceplate depending on how you have them oriented. Good to know they are willing to do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X