magnet question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magnet question

can i use several similar magnets instead of one bar or rod... and could i use ferrite magnet for bass pickup?

thanx for answers to noob question

Yes and yes.

Comment

and what would you suggest? cuz i have only short alnicos rods in local market and ferrite blocks and rings shop

Comment

The size and shape of the magnet depends on the type of pickup you are making.

Comment

5 string bass soapbar

Comment

I don't know much about bass pickups so I cant really tell you which size and shape magnets to get. When you are buying parts, just keep in mind that the polarity has to be going the right way. Also remember that if it's a little too big you can always grind it down some

Comment

If you are making a bass soap bar, and you want to use a ceramic magnet (which I recommend), the usual way of doing it is to have the magnet contact some steel poles.

You can use a bar magnet as the pole piece if it's the right shape and size, and the poles are oriented the right way, but generally it's easier to have the bar magnet contact either steel rods or blades.

The problem with a lot of ceramic magnets is the poles are on the wrong sides for use in pickups.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
              X