Schematics for Acoustic 450 bass head needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There, that seems to have worked, yes?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yup it worked as the file sizes changed by the rename possibly. Not sure about how the file size changed really. If you compare the original set of 4 files they are the identical size to the 4 files where it failed again on that next post. For some reason all your file sizes changed and got a bit smaller on that very last post (copy). Not sure what you did there but it worked, file size changed!! I would have just thought it would have been a tad larger or only like a few bytes off. All the files went down in size KB.
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Well, I had thought the rename would change the file size, but apparently the name is not within the file. I just opened the file, resaved it, noted the different size, and labeled it copy for my benefit.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well yeah the name is a predetermined space of the file whether the file name has 1 char or 256 characters. So that is expected, but still sometimes it will change file sizes just by a file re-save. However most times that I have done this the file changes by like 1 byte... In your case the files shrunk in Kilobytes...? Some setting in your adobe might make that happen for files that are not optimized for the web maybe? You have optimize this file for the web checked marked and it loses a few KB. That's my best guess, and really I am not concerned as much as I am curious lol!!

Ever since the file system bit the dust it has been interesting to observe how we all deal with this on a daily basis. Some times a simple re-saving of the file allows me to upload the file again. Other times I have to figure out a way to add something to the file: highlight, a dot pixel placed in the document, and etc etc...
          When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

All of that is way over my head. I really know nothing of computers. I opened a file in my adobe reader then save-as to make the new file. WHy they'd be a different size I have no idea. I didn't know my adobe reader even had "settings", though that wouldn't surprise me. I just opened the file, I didn't rotate it or anything.

On my old 386 computer, I had to type in DOS commands to even start Windows. I think my 486 was like that too. The geeks loved that, they wanted to do as much as they could in DOS instead of Windows. I hated it. I had a DOS manual and I was always looking up commands and stuff. Yuk. I just want the functions, I don't want to think about what is behind them.

This problem is the worst for me. It ain't enough we have to repost the files, that only takes a minimal effort, but now I have to resize my files and jump through hoops.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              I just opened the file, resaved it, noted the different size, and labeled it copy for my benefit.
              This is the fix for pdf's, no need to rename.

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
              Some times a simple re-saving of the file allows me to upload the file again. Other times I have to figure out a way to add something to the file: highlight, a dot pixel placed in the document, and etc etc...
              The re-saving seems to always work for pdf's, not sure about images (gif's, jpeg etc). Perhaps that is where you have to add something like a dot?
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Found this nice all in one PDF of the schematic. Someone colorized it and redrew it. Updating this thread because it is the first hit in Google.

Acoustic_450_Schematics-Rev_1.5.pdf

Enzo, would an MJ15003, be a suitable substitute for the power transistors here? I've read of people using 2N3055 and 2N3773, so the MJ15003 should be an upgrade, or more bomb-proof.

Comment

Won't speak for Enzo, but I think the MJ15003 would be fine there. Or if I had Mj15024, I'd probably use that.
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I think of MJ15024 as a sort of universal PN output, but I also stock MJ15003 because a lot of some manufacturers amps used them, and I did warranty work.

They should work fine, though occasionally some folks report stability issues, which can be readily cured.

Comment

Working...
                    X