No Sound, hum, or hiss from SLO Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Sound, hum, or hiss from SLO Clone

I just finished 1 of 2 SLO builds and I cant get any sound whatsoever. I'm following the Turret layout floating around out there, I didn't wire Pin 1 & 8 on the power tubes for the Bias probe but instead together to ground like a Marshall. I made some mistakes with the Filter caps polarity but I have since repaired. So far I have replaced the Filter caps, the 47nf coupler caps to Grids, the OT, the Choke, I checked the Tubes in my other jcm800 build and they work fine. I also swapped out #4 LDR. When I plug a out from the SEND to another amp I get the pre-amp sound and the channel switching works OK, I checked all the caps with a cap tester and they all ok and also resistors including the screen and grids. I would assume if I had a pre-amp or power amp signal problem I would still hear a hiss or pop on my speakers when switching the power toggle. I also checked the speakers and the output jacks. The power supply is generating proper power on the primary. The tubes light up fine and glow, no fuses blown, also I can hear the tubes buzzing subtly when I play guitar. Any ideas to what I'm missing here to why I'm not getting any output????

Sounds like (pardon the pun) your output tranny is either connected wrong, not connected somewhere, or shorted somehow. Are you using shorting type speaker jacks?

Comment

Check for a short at the speaker jacks. Plug a cable in, you should measure almost a dead short from sleeve to tip. Unsolder the wire from the OT. The near short should go away.

Check the LDRs at the Master volume pots. One of the resistors (the signal side of the LDR) should always be a low resistance when amp is on, even in standby mode.
      WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
      REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Working...
      X