silent swr workingman 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silent swr workingman 15

my swr workingman 15 stopped making noise in the middle of a practice the other day. the led indicator lights up when the bass is being played, but nothing comes out of the speakers. amp repair techs in the area are in short supply, and the ones we have are saying there will be a four week wait. i was wondering if anybody had any ideas about what might be happening, and if it's at all possible for me to do the work myself to avoid the wait and the cost of paying someone to do it.

thanks
    greg

Check the speaker itself. Are both wires still on it? If so, pullone off and touch a 9v battery to the speaker terminals momentarily. A working speaker will thump or pop with each touch.

Inside the amp we would check the external speaker jack or headphones jack or any other jack that cuts out the speaker.

Beyond that we start looking for blown fuses and reasons for it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

this exact thing i experienced with my amp . im interested to see if its a similar fix as i have yet to fix mine.

Comment

Working...
      X