Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eky-Thump is available in corner shops and pubs all over the north of England.

Cheers

Andrew
    Originally posted by big_teee View Post
    Mr nhall:

I don't know what Eky-Thump is, but I sure want it in my next set of Noodle-Buckers!
    Hang in there,
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by nhall View Post
      Oh-no Sam ... I am now worried for you that there is a time bomb ticking... you should never have come back, and never have entered this arena!!
      Since you traded those two noodlebuckers last year to your saki supplier, he is bound to give rave reviews ... probably many times, as his memory is not that good on account of his habbit ...this will of course intrigue many desperately in search of the infinite sustain which they are said to produce..!
      Of course this will cause resentments, as no living person has yet to achieve such perfection .. the zen ..the dicipline ..the strict adherance to the ancient art of eky-thump ..
      How will this end you ask... hmm let me pause for reflection ... ther will be those seeking wisdom who will approach the oracle ... they will look to those who profess great wisdom ... they will seak out the ones who tell to all that they have learnt all there is to know, and banded together to share their knowledge, unaware of of course of their secret jelousies, their boasts of their greater acheivements, their secret worshing at other alters, and their witholding of vital secrets ... , so when the wisdom seeker does ask of the great ones who is this with the noodlebucker? ... why does he want so much saki for it? .. why is he such a great man? .. and why can I not find him?....how will they reply??
      Ahhh .. well the less wise man will answer first to impress his bretheren with his apparent great knowledge on such a secretive subject...in code he will say to the wisdom seeker " save your money my freind, his noodlebucker has no soul" ... (in his words it is no good!! .. of course on what grounds he professes such knowledge will not be challenged) ... others bretheren who seek to remind the wise ones of previous battles wich came to pass due to such a put-down, will immediately be attacked also, because the other wise men fear he is only there to serve himself, and amonst themselves they will vow to all believe the much believed powerfull 'conspiracy makers' ...
      Despite the fact that the story about the Noodlebucker will be much debated and talked about in venerable tones in all the sushi bars around the world, the wise ones will simply continue to repeat the falsehoods which they would rather believe, than ever concieve that such a great sustainer could ever be built ... after all, their efforts will all have been much debated over those years, and some would out of principle not believe such a Noodlebucker would have existed for so many years right under their very noses, and others only knowing of their own resources would not understand how the ancient arts would enable the building of such a noodlebucker to do his work, and the rest will stick together in the safety amonst their own bretheren for warmth and comfort...
      What will become of the Noodlebucker then? ...Sam .... You much at all costs retreive these priceless artifacts from your Saki man ... otherwise a great storm could threaten us all!!
      Mr. Hall,

congratulations, your future is safe and even bright in the field of politics.

I've never seen so many words used to SAY ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Watch for the door not slamming your rump in your way out...
      Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
      Milano, Italy

Comment

Pepe you have got Mr. Hall all wrong there. But it's your choice. He is a friend of mine so I know just how much of an idiot you would feel if you actually knew the guy.
        sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

The myth

Hi Folks

I'm the one who started all this, and I apologues!

The reason I did it was fist of all because I needed a nice set of vintage correct PAF´s at a reasonable cost. And thank You to all the pickup builders that have sent PM´s with suggestions and offers.

But I'm also working with web-marketing, and when I searched the different forums, and found all the Hype about The OTPG´s, which apparently is a product, without product description or documentation at all, but only a huge myth connected to them, then there is an alarm bell ringing. You have to pay in advance and there is such a demand, that You have to wait 3-6 month, only one supplier, have to buy them from the states, though they are made in UK, which ad over 200US$ to the price, and the retailer (who's sign his mails with "Bob OTPG sales") .

Is this just smart marketing? Is it Bobbos friend or Bobbo sitting in his basement winding PAF´s from StevMac parts, dipping them in acid, or does Bobbo by the pickups from another source, dipping them in the same acid, or? Nobody knows and nobody can control the product!

Thanks to this forum, I'm now convinced that the OTPG exists, and he is probably making some fine PAF´s.

Bobbo is just a smart guy from the states, with a marketing method not described in any book yet, but a method, that to often will be copied and studied in the future. Bobbo is not the first guy, who have used this method, I have seen guitarbuilders, doing the same, create a myth about Your product in different forums, by showing how You are doing everything in "the most correct vintage way" often with hints that all other builders are doing it the wrong way! You only need 4-6 friends all over the world to start such a myth about Your product, then Google search will take care of the rest!!

Now I will wait for my OTPG´s PAF´s, then I will tell how great they are, and then I'm part of Bobbos marketing stunt!!

Once again thank for all the PM´s

Nils

Comment

OTPG Pickups

Thank you, thank you, thankyou (takes a deep bow, and exits stage left)....

Just for final clarity Burny ...your (or any other interested parties requests) will simply be passed on to the 'man' himself ...here in the UK ... and his price will not be the same as Bozzo's...

Alternatively, anyone can go via Spence 'the pickup magician extrodinair ... to the same end..
            Oh, and before anyone jumps in and asks how I can possibly vouch for Spence .... well I can make a claim I can back up ... you see I bought one of Spence's main axe's a while back (think his wishe's he never sold it to me..heh,heh) with one on his mighty P90's in it ... and it truely is the MutzNutz (or DogsB ... depending wich accent you choose to use) ...and that my friends is no imaginary claim because I've personally owned a '66' 330, a late 50's 125 (exact date escape's me right now), and a very early non-reverse firebird which had 3 of the buggers on it!!! .. and the Shed jobby is easily up there with the best of them (the non-reverse firebird actually) ... and to prove its not just a nice storey, here is theone from the Shed:-
            (evidence!!!..the man must truely be mad!)..

(ps. never done attachment in this forum previously so hope it works!!).
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
              Pepe you have got Mr. Hall all wrong there. But it's your choice. He is a friend of mine so I know just how much of an idiot you would feel if you actually knew the guy.
              A naive guy from Denmark asked 'bout something I thought was a scam, looking at the way the business part was handled.

Then come another one (nhall) going all hushy and secretive giving himself the "authority" of "speak in behalf" of OTPG. Who the hell gave him any authority to speak in behalf of anybody?

The whole thing looked like it was orchestraded as a marketing plot of somebody getting some hefty sum IN ADVANCE to later shop around through the different winders due to the long waiting list to maximize profit.

The only price tag I could find were from some guys at the MLP forum whose quotes for a set ranked from $ 600,00 and four months to $ 750,00 and six month waiting time.

With all this elements, I gave my opinion which I totally stand behind of NOT BEING WORTH $ 600,00, as many other winders like Gundry, Stephens and yourself would give the same quality and a inferior price and much reduced waiting list.

If everybody would've spoken openly all this wouldn't've happen, specially if mr. nhall didn't have that petulant, arrogant and condescent tone when addressed the board. He used phrases like "The ones in the know" "You've gotta be English to GET that". Like we all others are ignorants and "not worthy". I didn't make all this up; it's written in the thread in black and white and the messages signed by this nhall character. You can check!

In my case, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck is a duck, if you act like a prick and talk like a prick, well... YOU'RE A PRICK!

So, I stand behind everything I've said and I make no apologies.

It's a good thing that the poor OTPG don't hang out here... if he was thinking 'bout go out of the cave to socialize with fellow makers and aficionados, after what happened here he'll have every reason to get back in the cave and NEVER go out again! I can't say I'd blame him...
              Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
              Milano, Italy

Comment

""Of course this will cause resentments, as no living person has yet to achieve such perfection .. the zen ..the dicipline ..the strict adherance to the ancient art of eky-thump""
                I hope Mr Hall you quoted the EEE BY GOOM mantra before you gave away that bit of mojo, cus if not you will recieve through the post hundreds of wrong trees, hundreds of dogs and shedloads of barks.

Comment

Only one thing to add...

YouTube - The Goodies- Ecky Thump

Comment

... vegetarianism!!!!
                    Well, you lost me right there. I can get behind peace, love, humanity, respect, and charity; but, being a "vegan" is nothing short of ridiculous. Have a look at your teeth in the mirror. ;-) :-)

Oh, and the notion that "special" parts are required for this business is right up there with vegetarianism.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyWire View Post
                      the notion that "special" parts are required for this business is right up there with vegetarianism.
                      SSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, only ONE can of worms open at the time.
                      Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                      Milano, Italy

Comment

Since you traded those two noodlebuckers last year to your saki supplier...
                        Ummm saki (e) is Japanese, not Chinese.
                        Last edited by David Schwab; 07-25-2010, 04:27 PM.
                        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                          You must have done journalism or lots of study-hall in High school.
                          If that were the case then there would be proper paragraphs, and not as many ellipses. Oh, and please, only one question or exclamation mark at a time.
                          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyWire View Post
                            Well, you lost me right there. I can get behind peace, love, humanity, respect, and charity; but, being a "vegan" is nothing short of ridiculous. Have a look at your teeth in the mirror. ;-) :-)

Oh, and the notion that "special" parts are required for this business is right up there with vegetarianism.
                            Vegeterianism and veganism are two completely different things. Neither is ridiculous. Failing miserably to poke fun at people's desire to choose what they want to eat is ridiculous. And "special" parts are not required for this business but a lot of makers here to go great lengths to analyze vintage parts and custom order or pain stakingly machine the parts themselves and I don't think you can mock them for that.
                            Last edited by StarryNight; 07-25-2010, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                              Ummm saki is Japanese, not Chinese.
                              Someone's watched the sorcerer's apprentice...
                              www.chevalierpickups.com

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                                If that were the case then there would be proper paragraphs, and not as many ellipses. Oh, and please, only one question or exclamation mark at a time.
                                There see ... don't we all feel so much better after all that, and, yes, I really did have faith that our esteemed moderator would come to our rescue in the end ... bravely re-entering the arena and bringing us all back down to earth! (just one exclamation this time)..

And now we can all see the way forward ... all working together to help correct each other .. both showing and sharing the vast untapped reservoir of knowledge deep below the surface within our little area of cyberspace (or was the the great WikkyWorld taking part?)... only thing we need to do is stop talking about other (current) people and thier pickups ... all sorted then! (only one there again Dave)..

Comment

Working...
                                X