No announcement yet.

Crate RFX120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, you've proven that the signal dies somewhere between TP5 and TP7.

Test the voltage at TP5 and then follow it through R44, still there? How about through R29 and R22? How about at the top of the pots P6 and P12?

Trace the signal through the circuit until you find the spot where it stops.

Comment

Ok thats strange. I now have full volume out of all channels but no distortion at all. always clean. I must have actually popped something. most likely q29 and/or q25. oops. this happened after I tested from tp5 though tp7. I have some J175 and j112 jfets coming from newark thanks to Enzo. I dont even know why I am bothering with this. I used a multi prossessor pedel anyways. I guess for the learning experience. Thanks guys for all the help and consideration you have given me thus far.

Edit: Ok I lied. the channels are working now for some reason. I didn't replace anything. Must be a bad connection somewhere that I need to locate.
      Last edited by raistlinmagic; 08-11-2010, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Was this ever resolved? Having the same problem.

Comment

The OP disappeared so weŽll never know.

I suggest you start a new thread but collect and add there the schematitcs and a full description of *your* own problem, it is almost NEVER "the exact same problem".

At most mention this thread in your new one.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Guess your right. Just for the next guy, I did figure out the problem. Bad connection on a capacitor directly next to the input jack. Not sure if that's common for this amp, but maybe it will help someone.

Comment

Working...
            X