(Dean Markley) Spectra 212-t schematic wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Dean Markley) Spectra 212-t schematic wanted

Does anyone have a schematic for a Spectra 212-t amp?These were later bought and distributed by Dean Markley. Thanks, Steven

You may find it here:

DMS - Amplifier Documents

A lot of their amps were a combination of common preamp and power amp circuits.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for your reply.I have found that site but it doesn't have the 212-t. The preamp and power amp circuits are indeed common but I'm actually more interested in the footswitch and switching circuitry. A friend has the amp minus the footswitch so I was hoping to reverse engineer one or a least hack it so that he can use the switchable features on the amp, like the B channel etc............ Again, Thanks, Steven

Comment

I may be able to help. 212t schemo.

Used to be a factory tech. Got docs.
        What do you need?
        DWC

Comment

Thanks for your response.I ended up buying a set of barely legible schematics on-line and managed to sort out the amp and footswitch.If you have good copies of their tube amp schematics, I woud appreciate them.The 212-t in particular. Thanks again. Steven

Comment

Spectra 212-T

Originally posted by crossguy View Post
            What do you need?
            DWC
            Hi I recently bought a used 212-T here in Michigan and would like to get a set of documentation for the amplifier. The schematics and manual would be awesome. If you have these please let me know how much you would charge.

Thanks.
            Last edited by cppswengr; 10-30-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I hope the footswitch came with your amp.
              The amp is actually a "212-T" ,not "7".They just used an unusual font.
              Good luck. SG

Comment

Thanks for the correction on the name, that's pretty funny. I did get the footswitch (whew) as I don't see another way to control some of the amp's feature.

Comment

Glad you got the footswitch.

There is a variable bias mod that can be implemented on the circuit board.I believe it will be noted on the schematic that Crossguy has.If not, I may be able to find it.

Comment

Variable bias mod

Crossguy has not responded so if you can find the variable bias mod I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Originally posted by sgelectric View Post
                    Glad you got the footswitch.

There is a variable bias mod that can be implemented on the circuit board.I believe it will be noted on the schematic that Crossguy has.If not, I may be able to find it.

Comment

I sent you a PM...........Let me know what you want to do.

SG

Comment

Sorry for the long delay in reply.
                        Been too busy and am movin to new digs. I need to rescan the schematic. The f/s jack is the big issue. it was made by AMP and the connectors are impossible to find. the original unit HAD adjustable bias.
                        email will keep me in touch!

Comment

Originally posted by crossguy View Post
                          What do you need?
                          DWC
                          Can I get a copy of the schematics, as well? I have had a JMF Spectra 212-T since I was 15 and I love it. I have replaced the tubes and had it biased several times. But I was thinking of doing it myself this time. I would love to know more about this amp. Anything you can tell me or provide would be appreciated.

Comment

Wowser!
                            My last activity on this forum was 2011! It's been a while.
                            I am not sure where those schematics are right at this moment, and I am suuper busy with the holiday.
                            I can probably find something for you but it might be after the 25th.
                            Memory says the bias was set to around -47 volts at the grid. The amps were biased a bit cool for my taste, but it was to extend tube life on the finals.

Comment

Pretty poor scan but here it is: jmf_Spectra 212T.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X