'66 Super Reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdf64 View Post
    'The old pull one tube trick has been done for decades. It changes the bias of the first stage in the channel your using. Makes it hotter and easier to saturate.'

As well as that, it also provides a ~6dB increased signal level before that phase splitter V6, due to the plate impedance of the normal channel being absent, thereby pretty much eliminating signal loss through the 220k mixer resistors.
    Can you see a 6 digit code on the speakers (may be partially covered by the blue fender label)? That will indicate what the manufacturer/date is, see
    More Codes
    and so whether you need be concerned about the Jensen phase issue.
    i have a '66 Super Reverb. can anyone identify these speakers? see pictures with numbers on speaker frame:
    speakers pictures by ichisatori - Photobucket

Comment

I'm struggling with the photo quality, but see the codes for yourself
      Speaker Codes, Amps, & More
      can you find any correlations?
      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

To me they look like typical CTS Alnico 10's.

The number that you show is a Fender date code. The manufacturer's codes will be found under the blue labels. Something like 137XX66.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
          To me they look like typical CTS Alnico 10's.

The number that you show is a Fender date code. The manufacturer's codes will be found under the blue labels. Something like 137XX66.
          oh, UNDER... noone ever told me that! yes i believe they are those as well.

btw, is there any easy way to tell if they've ever been reconed?

these cones, btw, do have dope and do have --what do you call them-- ribs (not smooth (from inside edge to outside edge)? i also do not see what i guess is called a seam, from what i can see without removing them. however, he bolts are all around -- every available mounting hole and the nuts on them look moderately shiny.

Comment

Working...
          X