Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tosh SoloPro 15 schematics/service manual...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tosh SoloPro 15 schematics/service manual...

Anybody able to post these?
    Thanks, Steve

LAst time I needed them, Tosh was down in Ohio somewhere, try contacting them.

Maybe 419 353 3013 phone? Or maybe 419-353-1381?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks, Enzo.

I believe they are out of business. No website and the numbers you sent were disconnected.

Still looking...

Comment

Oh well, Bowling Green's shining star has fallen...

SO what is a SoloPro 15? The name makes me think little practice amp with a TDA2040 power amp IC and an op amp or two for preamp. How close am I? Or not?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It's a portable 100 watt PA combo with a 15" woofer. It's got good old fashioned transistors in the output stage.

Looks like they used the same power/output module in some other models I've seen come through. Unfortunately, two resistors have burned up in the power supply & I need the correct values.

I think your mind was trying to trick you into thinking it was Peavey's little battery powered microphone amp? :-) At least I think it was a Solo...Han Solo?

Comment

Not too close at all then. No, wasn't thinking PV, I just saw 15, as in watts, and solo as in play by yourself, and pictured something like a Crate GX15 or whatever.

OK, what do the resistors in the power supply do?

I am guessing so well... Maybe they are dropping resistors from the main +/-V down to some zener +/-15v rails?

Believe me, I never expect anything very complex from the Tosh people.

Comment

Actually, I guessed wrong. After a closer look (wiped away the carbon scoring from the resistor burns), it looks like these two resistors (still assuming they're resistors) feed a driver transistor. I won't dig too far until the customer approves the guesstimate for the repair.

Comment

OK, then I quit guessing.

I recall their power amps - and for that matter everything else - as being very basic and very conventional. Of course that doesn't identify burnt parts...

Comment

It's on, they want it fixed. Still looking for schematics or possibly internal pics?

Comment

I have the bad habit of taking in most every stray that comes to my door. However, there comes a time when one really should tell the customer, I can;t reasonably repair this within its value. Don't know if you are at that point, but don;t be afraid to say "I can't do that for you. I don;t want to put my name on work I am not sure about."

Take the powr amp out, is the board material something you can see through with a light? Makes following traces easier if you can see them from the part side of the board. Just trace the thing out. Got a couple resistor mysteries? many of these amp designs are symmetrical, so if the driver has a 100 ohm resistor on the V+ side, maybe the same is on the V- side.

Is the amp complementary or quasi? For quasi, use something like a PV 400BH as a rough guide. In fact even a complementary circuit probably closely resembles some PV design.

I know I have a Tosh schematic for somethijig around here, but can;t for the life of me think where.

Comment

Re: Tosh SoloPro 15 repair

Originally posted by pecorporation View Post
                      It's on, they want it fixed. Still looking for schematics or possibly internal pics?
                      Hello, I have a Tosh SoloPro 12 I am working on.
                      I have the same exact issue, seems this is a common problem with the Power Boards.
                      Did you ever come across a schematic or find out what values the resistors were? or do you know what other companies used this power board? maybe it can be cross referenced?
                      I've seen a couple for sale, and they seem to hold their resale value well. yes it would be great to get a picture of the board, I may ask the seller if he would do that, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
                      Your help will be greatly appreciated.
                      Thank you from the D.
                      Jer

Comment

Working...
                      X