Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, should I get this bassman?! SO WORRIED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to pair my BFish type amps with a DS-1 or a TS-9. Works every time. But there are lots of new and incredible "boutique" pedals out there too. I've heard many and they all seem to sound good. I only stick with the old stuff 'cause I know it so well.

A friend of mine used to say, "If you can get a good clean tone, you can get a good dirty tone". Point is, nail the clean tone and the rest is easy. I do think that's true, but...

I design amps that are meant to be overdriven for the distortion. Pretty much the opposite of some of my preachings, but let me 'splain it. I have played many years with all kinds of gear and the stuff I build is stuff I want. Many great rigs are based on a great clean amp and a distortion pedal. I would even venture to say that over eighty% of the great recorded distortion tones were done with a pedal of some kind. So as it turns out my personal preferences make me a bit of a crank. But that's cool. At least I know what's up. And I still own a mid eighty's RAT and a DS-1.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Yeah the fulldrive is great, I am using it alone now but I do have a ts-9 tubescreamer I use once in a while with it but I usually like it alone, I might get an ABY switch or just build one and then have one side running into channel A(bass) and then have the 2nd running into overdrive pedals and then into channel 2 then I can have footswitchable distortion and clean channels.
      Happiness. Only real when shared.

Comment

Working...
      X