Peavey 6 pin din replacement help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 6 pin din replacement help

I have a Peavey Heritage VTX series amplifier. The foot switch connects to the back of the amp with a 6 pin din, however mine is broke and needs replacing. Peavey no longer makes the foot switch and there are approximately 700,000 6pin din's on the web. Is there any where I can get a replacement plug so I can fix the cord and rock on? Would it be easier to replace the jack on the back of the amp with maybe XLR, if so how do I figure out the pin output so I don't damage the amp itself?

Whats the issue then if you can find a replacement din plug? Just obtain the replacement plug, make a note of which wire goes where on the plug, and swap out the plug. Since its a 6 pin, no other connector will work.
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Thank you for the response, however I don't think I explained my dilema clearly. There are 700,000 different types of 6 pin din and I have no idea which one is correct. I dont know what the correct pin out is.

Comment

As far as I know....the 6 pin din is available in 1 type and looks like this:
        http://www.endurance-rc.com/media/6pintrainer.jpg
        This one should work fine:
        6P BLACK DIN PLUG 240
        The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Or order the plug from Peavey parts. Just because they no longer sell that particular footswitch unit, doesn;t mean they don;t have the 6 pin connectors.

And as far as I know as well, there is only one 6-pin pattern, the 240 degree spread. Look at Mouser stock 164-6060 for example
          http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/044509.pdf
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X