B-52 AT-100 problem help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-52 AT-100 problem help please

So hello everyone this is my first post here and I appreciate any help.

At-100 was sitting at drummers garage went to turn on after taking out of stand bye it died. I watch the jewel light slowly die like the eyes of a terminated terminator. After contemplating the cost of warranty repair, over a hundred just to ship back, I let it sit. Well I like the amp and want to resurrect it. I opened it up and what did I see, The larger wire running to the tube socket board had literally exploded. The connection was there and the post it connects to but there was a chunk of circuit board blown away at the post leaving a black substance on the wires from the output transformer. I contacted B-52 and they can sell me the tube circuit board and the output transformer and power supply. Ok what caused this and do I need to replace all three things? It's been awhile but I think it blew it's output transformer or was zapped by lightning at the drummers house. Help Me. I want to fix it right. Is there a good alternative to b-52's transformer since these seem crappy and what else should I replace and is there off the shelve units to replace power supply

What the MFG is offering is a "shotgun" fix (as long as your willing to pay for it I suppose). They figure if the problem is within one of these circuits. So by replacing all of them your sure to correct it. If they are offering these parts for the cost of shipping I would take them up on it. Otherwise it is hard to know exactly what to fix without more info, or rather at this point the opportunity for a qualified tech to look at it.

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
    X