No announcement yet.

Fender 212R power amp blown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark sorry to cut off the repair process when we were so close and thanks again for the help.

Regarding D34 I was only trying to examine the theory of the amp, it was not an actual measurement I had taken. All diodes were oriented correctly.

Comment

• REQUEST

Originally posted by lowell View Post
      Here's some pics. Can I just unmute the damned thing and call it quits? Or bad idea? The thermistor will still function so that's good right?
      could you post some photos of the printed board circuit ? i want to modify my fender too in another way with a second volume pot for drive channel but i can't find the pcb that will help me so much. could you post some photos of pcb with electric paths visible? thank You

Comment

• Sorry I don't have access to them anymore and the amp is no longer here. Good luck. Try a google image search?

Comment

• And the factory service material doesn;t include a parts layout, or I'd post it for you.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

• i want to modify my fender too in another way with a second volume pot for drive channel
            I think that with the schematic you can do that.
            Your new pot will be connected to some already existing parts, which have reference numbers (as in "R104" and so on) which will let you find them on the PCB.
            Then youŽll see the tracks joining them which I guess youŽll want to cut.
            Slightly longer but it can be done.
            Most factories supply schematics (many not even that ) , only a handful supply PCB layouts.
            Good luck.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
            X